Denton Street, Radford

Hi Cliff, while your on this subject, see if you can turn up a map of Denton street, off Denman street. I can't locate any info at all. (Radford). Had look round that area when last in Nottingham but its altered beyond all recognition. Cheers, Beekay.

Well done Cliff !! I knew Kyme St was still there but only the leather works the only place still in existence from the 50s. There are two council houses on grant St that I can remember being built, (only just). The weird thing is, when visiting that area, I stood on the corner of Kyme St and drifted back over sixty years to my childhood and it seemed like yesterday. Looking at your map, I couldn't help noticing our house showed no number (15), maybe we didn't matter. Once again, a million thanks, Barrie..

18 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Looking at your map, I couldn't help noticing our house showed no number (15), maybe we didn't matter. 

It's nothing personal !   For some reason, on those maps they only show numbers on random houses, not all of them; you have to fill in the gaps yourself.

• 6 months later...

Thanks CT., nice picture. I remember the YMCA on the corner of our street. The house to the right of your lower arrow was where a pal of mine lived, Brenda Grainger. The building to the left of the club if memory serves me right become a carpet store, on the corner of Grant St. and Ronald St.

A thought for P.P., could the boys club you were alluding to be the Monty Hinds boys club, which I think may have been on Norton St., although I could be wrong !

CT., to the far right of top arrow next to the edge can just be seen Denman St. washhouse as part of Radford baths on Thackeray St. Between the club and Douglas school is the grounds of what was the graveyard of Christ Church. Part was made into a rest garden about 1956 ish. The other side was derelict for years it's now a children's play area. Just to the right of the lower arrow are the two council houses I remember being built, one of which Melissa Jane's mum lived.  End of my history rant/ lesson. Beekay.