How music brings back dates and events thought the years of time.

For instance 

Buddy Holly. Remember the time he died His song at the time was “ I guess it doesn’t matter anymore”. How poignant was that.

Rave on . I remember this being on the jukebox in the cafe that was on the way up to the prom at Ingoldmells.

My Auntie ran a pub in Nottingham on Radford  Boulevard and had various artist for the two theatres staying there.

Colin Hicks (Tommy Steeles) brother was there.An African dance troupe ( bare bosomed ladies in 1959!) Gosh

My cousin and I took one of the appearing artists to coffee house in Heanor one late afternoon. That was Wee Wiiie Harris.

That caused a bit of a stir but after all in was Heanor

I saw Lonnie Donegal at the empire ( The Rock Island Line) and a few years later on in the early sixties all the trad jazz bands at the Albert Hall 

Saw Acker Bilk at a open air show at Bulwell or Basford on ground the belonged to a Hosiery Dyers.

Also made the very long trek to Leicester to see Louis Armstrong at de Montfort Hall

Any of you got memories of the good times of the sixties ?

• Like 1

Think they were the best years. I have recently aquired a few cds of 60 s songs. I have them in the car and love them. Welcome to NS Paul I'm sure you'll find everyone friendly and helpful if you're stuck over something. Enjoy.