Just listening to Radio Trent live to air via the internet, it's 5.30pm here in Australia, which means it's approx 8.30 am is that right? I see there are resurfacing road works on Gunthorpe Bridge? And you can save 12 quid on a bottle of Pimms at Tescos! sounds good........what's Pimms??

• Like 1

pimms is an alchoholic drink. pour a bottle of pimms and a bottle of lemoade into a punch bowl, chuck in loads of diced fruit and hey presto, a hot summers day. !tanning! drink

Thanks for that rob,sounds ok I might give it a go !cheers!

Its a pity that you can get radio trent in Nottingham ........ it's the pits .

Which station do you listen to Red,Radio one?

Its a pity that you can get radio trent in Nottingham ........ it's the pits .

Agreed....made worse by the fact that the local BBC radio station is equally dire.

I recall local broadcasting being heralded as some marvellous concept that could only enhance the national broadcasting network. IMO, and especially including local TV, the opposite has been the case.

'Dumbing down' really began the day the first local broadcasts began.....

Cheers

Robt P.

• 2 weeks later...

I mainly listen to radio 2..88-91fm it suits my many moods....and no bl00dy adverts also I find Terry Wogan is a blast....just an old tog at heart.... !sleeping!

• 12 years later...

No Radio Trent anymore: The FM frequencies now carry Capital East Midlands & the medium wave (AM) frequencies carry Gold Radio. I usually listen to Smooth Radio or Radio 2 through Freeview at home, & Radio 2 or Smooth Extra on Digital radio in the car.... Good thing about Radio 2 & Smooth Extra on digital is they're both on single frequency networks so they hardly ever ever fade out or need re-tuning, I've driven from Hucknall to Blackpool, Bridlington, Weymouth, Portsmouth, Southampton, Cannock & Stafford & only lost the signal a couple times near Bridlington, & That was only for a few seconds... 

I normally have Radio Nottingham on in the car locally, and Radio 2 on longer journeys. The only place I've ever lost R2 was in the depths of Cornwall, and then only momentarily. No problems in the Cairngorms amazingly enough !

• Upvote 1

Radio 4 and 4Extra plus Classic when in the mood and only in the car. Never have music on in the house.

I used to find the Peak district a bit hit n miss, not been for awhile though...