• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Someone phoned from Virgin media about a problem with my modem, I said "my neighbours a VM engineer & I'll get him to look at it when he gets home." (He doesn't work for VM, he's a fork lift truck

What a turn up, I’m going to pay off the tax with the income from this Nigerian Prince who is sending me £2.4m for helping him out, sees you laters losers   

We were shot down in flames by a young Turkish street seller. He guessed we're English launched and into his spiel. I answered in the few words of German I know, he answered without breaking stride in

Lates one is a text from Censusuk-gov.com saying I'm liable to a £100 fine. Census is a     .gov.uk not a com but a CON ! beware

I’ve had a lot of scam texts recently purporting to be from companies giving me delivery times for goods I’ve ordered. Needless to say there’s a link, which I’ve never clicked on, to change the delivery time. The last one was very good. It was supposedly from “Burleigh”, with a DPD website link, and it so happens I’ve ordered a BURLEY arbour for the garden. I rang  the company that I ordered it from and they don’t use DPD!

• 4 weeks later...

Paul had one of those calls - so you might meet him in there …..:Shock:

I’ve had one too.  Been getting texts from a mobile number claiming to be HSBC telling me that a new payee has been paid £200 out of my account.  Blocked the number but they’ve tried again using a slightly different mobile number.  So annoying.

I had a recorded message from HMRC on my mobile today. Apparently I am to be convicted for tax fraud. So the next meet up might be in a big house somewhere   :laugh:

• Upvote 1

If I add them all up.. I'm in debt to the Inland Revenue for millions.. I have dozens of parcels waiting for me at the Post Office and my internet connection was disconnected at least 4 years ago due to 'illegal activity'.

Yet oddly.. I'm still free.

Country's gone to the dogs....

Seems like a I am going to need a file cake as well, had the same message on my phone this morning. So annoying it was a recorded message would have enjoyed stringing the scammer along as I have done before.

• Like 1

Sigh... add me to the list. I have just had an emergency  call telling me my social security number has been suspended due to criminal activity and MUST press 1 to be connected to an officer...  several utterances were made regarding parentage even though it was a machine generated voice.

Was quite looking forward to being banged up, my mates lad loves it, say's it's like a holiday camp, he sends selfies to his Dad from his cell of him & his other inmates having a party, off their nut on bits & bobs.   

Prison isn’t a deterrent for the criminal types. It’s just a risk of the activity. Nobody will give you a job when you come out so you just have to go back to your old ways. I did give an ex prisoner a job once but he ripped the lead piping out of the toilets. The thought of prison certainly deters me but then I’ve never been of that persuasion.

My wife thinks I'm stupid & gullible... Well just wait till I tell her about the 16 billion pounds I'll be receiving from that nice Nigerian Prince who e-mailed me, just waiting for the money to be credited to my bank account...

• Like 1

I'm going to scam the scammer! When the money from Nigeria is in my bank, I'm not giving him his share!!

• Like 1

Colly, can you send me a mere 5o thousand pounds, so I can get me aging Grandmother a new hip replacement. Then I can bring her over from Tobackistan. I'll send you the change.

• Like 1

I can send any of you some of the £16 billion I got from the Nigerian prince whose dying father had forgotten to pass on his bank details.

Just send me you Bank details and password and Bob's your uncle; or your stepmother.

• 10 months later...

I had something similar a couple of days ago from an “Emma” who was in hospital after a fall with a broken fibula. The only Emma I know is my hairdresser so I txt the person back and said was it my hairdresser. She replied and said yes can you put some credit on my phone till tomorrow. Alarm bells started ringing and I rang the hairdresser. Guess what “my” Emma was cutting hair at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just had a text to say that “Simon” from the Post Office has tried to unsuccessfully deliver a parcel and to go onto a very official looking website masquerading as the Post Office and for a fee of £1.20 off  my bank card, I can  rearrange another delivery date. A - the Post Office aren’t working today as it’s a Bank Holiday and B - I haven’t ordered anything. The word SCAM springs to mind just to get my card details. They’re not having my well earned money thought I.  !!

Mrs B , I had a similar text for Evri ,( formerly Hermes?) :

"Friday, 29 April 2022
Evri: Our driver
David attempted
to deliver
your package
today, but was
unsuccessful.
To arrange a
redelivery, please
visit: https://evr"

I’ve reported it on the Action Fraud website, that’s two in a matter of weeks now.