• 2 months later...

He doesn't help himself does he?

I take the meaning of Ian's post above to be  'I deliberately set grass seed in peoples gutters so I can screw some more money out of them in the Autumn'

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Wonder if that new ‘Bygones’ publication has ever produced issue number 2?  It was advertised on here 6 months or more ago, I bought Issue 1, it was very similar to Andy Smart’s Bygones publications but more expensive. 

RR, as that post doesn't exist anymore, I presume it's been deleted thank goodness ! Such behaviour indeed !

It’s still on my iPad, but the relevant initial post by DaveN is the first post, if it hadn’t been then the post that RR has copied onto here wouldn’t relate to anything at all. 

9 hours ago, Brew said:

'I deliberately set grass seed in peoples gutters so I can screw some more money out of them in the Autumn'

Nowt wrong with a bit of enterprise

Rog

• Like 1

Rog, that was Brew's interpretation of ian123's  post!   

Enterprise is good but not if it's deliberately carried out in an underhand and deceptive manner!!!

• Like 4

Yes, just seen it Lizzie. I must have been on the verge of dozing off when I made the post. 

3 hours ago, plantfit said:

I stand by my post

Rog

You surprise me PF. It is at best underhanded and deceitful and quite possibly criminal. People paid for a service only to have him sabotage the guttering in order to ensure a return visit to correct a problem he himself caused. If you had read of a cowboy builder doing this to an OAP and not your mate, how would you feel then I wonder?

• Like 5

Or even having it done to yourself. You'd be livid and outraged ! 

• Like 3

Nobody's perfect, but I think a lot of posts must be taken with a bucket of salt ! 

• Like 1

I've not chastised anyone. I simply responded to  posts that held up appalling behaviour as something clever and we should admire and applaud. I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are and in my world you are taken to task if you overstep the mark. Is pointing that out chastising someone?

As for it being tongue in cheek even  Ian himself has never claimed it to be so and I failed O level mind reading so I call it as I see it.

To paraphrase a maxim ' bad behaviour will flourish if it goes unchallenged'

I think your loyalty to your mate is commendable. misplaced, but commendable.

• Like 2

Like I wrote in an earlier post, I'd like to think all members on this site are my mates

Rog

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1