Drones at Gatwick

You'd be surprised,  My Allen is better than your lousy Rogers.  You need a pipe organ, better than those nasty electronics.  Joe Blows a better musician than Fred Smith and so it goes.  They even have religious arguments.  Really!  Eg.  I'm an atheist I only play for the money and so it goes.  NS can be quite polite by comparison, but there are some great folks on there too.  Technically  and musically.  

Well our lad finally landed on UK soil at lunchtime today, only delayed by a bit more than 24 hours.  BA got him from Antigua to Miami to JFK and then Gatwick.  He landed about the same time as the scheduled direct Antigua - Gatwick flight.  It’s helped his air miles tally but that’s the only plus out of the ridiculous fiasco.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

At least he's home safely, and in time for Christmas Lizzie  :jumping:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I read in the paper and hear on the radio this morning that the ‘drones’ may not have been there at all and could have been imaginary. From a legal point of view that’s going to have an effect on possible compensation claims. Hitherto they claimed that the drones were circumstances beyond their control and no compensation would be paid for the inconvenience. I think the police have got to come up with pretty solid evidence to keep the compensation lawyers at bay on this one now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I read in the paper and hear on the radio this morning that the ‘drones’ may not have been there at all and could have been imaginary. From a legal point of view that’s going to have an effect on possible compensation claims. Hitherto they claimed that the drones were circumstances beyond their control and no compensation would be paid for the inconvenience. I think the police have got to come up with pretty solid evidence to keep the compensation lawyers at bay on this one now.

Now the police are saying there were drones, spotted by the public, and there has been ‘miscommunication’. The police aren’t coming out too well in this - plus they arrested the wrong people without serious evidence. Now the Cabinet are having a conference call. It looks like there’s been some incompetence here.

• 3 weeks later...