The building is now called 'Ocean' and was known for many years as the 'Astoria' and it's officially classed as being on Greyfriar Gate.

This is a recent photo; the entrance steps, the side of the club building, and the next building on the far left, all fit your photo.

xeICVRA.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ah yes Cliff ton..............Sherwood rooms.......so many memories......shall i list them.....?.......lol

Cheeky.........................No all would be new.......i think so anyway,,........lol

Same 'Steps' and ''Pillars''..............

• 2 years later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm collecting old photos and video to do with Pidcock Motorcycles for our anniversary. 

I was told that the TV series Boon did some filming in Long Eaton with someone buying a motorcycle from our store. I want to pin down the series and episode - and hopefully acquire a video clip. 

I have a theory that, based on a colleagues search, it might be series 6 episode 11, but I'm not 100% sure.

Any Boon enthusiasts who can help?

Thanks very much in advance.

Joe

On 10/12/2021 at 12:13 PM, Joe Foster said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm collecting old photos and video to do with Pidcock Motorcycles for our anniversary. 

I was told that the TV series Boon did some filming in Long Eaton with someone buying a motorcycle from our store. I want to pin down the series and episode - and hopefully acquire a video clip. 

I have a theory that, based on a colleagues search, it might be series 6 episode 11, but I'm not 100% sure.

Any Boon enthusiasts who can help?

Thanks very much in advance.

Joe

Do you know the episode name by any chance ?

On 10/12/2021 at 12:13 PM, Joe Foster said:

If that is correct, according to Wiki the episode is titled 'Bad Pennies'.

Will take a look. Have all the dvd s but labelled series xxx disc 1 - 26. But definitely have the whole lot.

Was going to throw that box set out.

Complete Boon dvd collection free & gratis for anyone.

Series 1 Episode 12 is probably not Long Eaton.  The early series were made in Birmingham; it didn't come to Nottingham until Series 4.

And when did Pidcock Motorcycles start in Long Eaton ?  Looking at old telephone directories, there is no Pidcock Motorcycles listed there at least up to 1984.

Incidentally my ex wife had an aunt who owned a posh house in Ruddington. Manor Park I think.

That house was used by Central TV for filming in the Boon series.

Aunt was paid £400 per day when filming. A nice wedge in those days.

• 1 month later...

Hi, did this house belong to the Wolfe family? Remember the series. Mrs B