Bus depot - Victoria ?

Did there use to be a bus station where Victoria centre is now? I'm sure when I was a kid in the 80s used to go through double doors and be in a big depot to get the bus home locally at the time.  But mate said buses where maid mairien way but I'm adamant Victoria centre use to have a big bus depot?

I believe there was a large bus station underneath the Vic Centre on Milton St. originally but I'm not sure when that was built. The station I was referring to on York St. was much smaller and replaced the original which became extra shopping space for the Vic Centre. I live out of Nottingham and haven't been on a bus in 50 years. There will be others along who will know much more. 

• Upvote 1

It was actually upstairs. Victoria Centre bus station was accessed from the left upper floor, above the food court. Buses exited via Cairns St. Very large and busy, it was situated where House of Fraser,  upper shops and the Emmett clock are currently located.

• Upvote 1

It still is upstairs. It is now rather more 'open plan' than it was and is further back(?) towards Woodborough Road.

Here it is a probably 1990's. That might be me taking passengers onto that Olympian

2zp41hl.jpg

Here's one as it is now

b4suhw.jpg

• Upvote 1