Welcome Andy, hope you have a good time with us and look forward to reading your tales, be it good, bad or indifferent!

1 hour ago, andy g said:

Hello everyone. Yes Brit Boat Union Dungeon Beachcomber Ad Lib Palais Colemans started at Colemans 1967. Met my wife at the Boat 1971. Happy days.

Our paths probably crossed Andy, I went to all those places regularly except Colemans.  A big thread on this site about The Dungeon, infact I discovered Nottstalgia 6 years ago when I was feeling nostalgic and I googled Dungeon Club. 

A big welcome Andy looking forward to your post's.

• 2 months later...

I spent so much time enjoying the posts on this forum that I forgot to say hello and introduce myself!   I'm actually Lancashire born.  We came to Nottingham in 1962 as my mum's side of the family were all from Stapleford/Nottingham/Beeston and Lenton and she wanted to return to Nottm - daft really cos she then moved to Wales for her retirement.  Grandad was a cycle mechanic & had a bicycle shop in Lenton or so I'm told - I never met him.  Dad's side of the family from various places in Kent.  1979 we moved to Surrey then around a year later to Sussex and stayed for 24 years until moving to Devon for around 4 years and then retired to France - I think we've stopped moving now and are quite content here living in what is known by the Paris folk as 'the arse of France' cos its agricultural land - however it doesn't seem to bother them to much in view of how many have holiday homes here!  Well won't bore you any longer.  So glad I found this site it's great, I came across it whilst looking for info on the factory that I was searching for and this forum very kindly answered my question.  You have all really made me sit and think back to my time in Nottm and suddenly I realise how friendly you all are - lost that moving South but loved Sussex especially Brighton!  Well ta ra for the moment.   Just realised that I think I've posted this in the wrong place!   Hey ho that life, that's me!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Welcome doodle , being a lancashire lass too you probably have lots to remember there as well. I was born in Barrow in Furness.

Enjoy your stay with us I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you.

Where abouts in France are you?

Welcome doodle. Where were you in Surrey? Lived there for 9 years. Many moons ago, I should add. And very familar with Sussex, stayed in Lancing many times, have cousin in Shoreham and friends in East Dean.

Hi,  we are in North Mayenne in the Normandie Maine Regional Park.   In Surrey we were in Croydon but only for a very short time whilst we made a decision as to where we wanted to live so then we moved to Horsham as we were missing a bit of greenery and Horsham had the greenery and great train links into the smoke where we worked.  Unfortunately, Horsham started to build up so we then moved out towards Petworth before moving on to Devon.