Picture Nottingham

I know we have seen hundreds of Pictures of Nottingham over the years, but I have just been browsing this site and there are a few of interest. There should be, I believe there are about 21,509 to view. If we have seen this link before, then I apologise, but if your memory is as good as mine, you will always be seeing it for the first time? I just pressed Show all and then See More as the notice came up. I only managed half an hour, so I have lots more to see.https://picturenottingham.co.uk/

• Like 2

Actually carni, it has been mentioned before  https://nottstalgia.com/forums/topic/17757-historical-photos-of-nottingham/?  but it's worth highlighting again to point out what it actually is.

In the old days there was Picture the Past, which had photos from Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.  A while ago - due to many reasons - PTP became only Derbyshire, while Picture Nottingham was created to include just the Nottingham photos.

Unfortunately the Nottingham site is primarily interested in the money-making side of things, and they've stuck a massive watermark across the photos, which makes them useless for people interested in local history.  I'd contributed a lot to the old PTP; they won't be getting any more from me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Cliff Ton, Thank you for explaining for me. I thought perhaps it would have been used before. I just didn't recognise the title. I totally agree with what you say about the watermark. I will still look at the site as I never tire of looking at images of old Nottm and always on the lookout for ones we haven't seen before which is getting very rare. Your explanation about the changes to PTP now explains why I haven't been able to find some Nottm images. Money is a big factor in a lot of things, a shame but there we go.