I remember Mr Lockwood who was a maths teacher. He ran the photography club and I was a member.

He also worked with Mr Viles in metalwork where they invented a simple computer.

This was 1961 and the computer parts were really simple relays which loads of lads made from simple materials.

After months of construction with circuit boards each about three feet long put together with wires, the computer counted to ten

in binary by lighting up torch bulbs. Main motivation was building sub circuits which earned a house point each!

the good old days.

• 3 weeks later...

I was taught history by Mr Sadler who was also my house teacher. He was a lovely man and a great favourite with all his O-level history group. Derek Parkin Marshall taught music and I will be eternally grateful to him for introducing me to classical music, a love which is still with me 60 years on.  I also remember Mr Evans (geography) and Miss Rose (science).

• 1 year later...

I would love to hear from anyone who might know the current whereabouts of Tony Evans (A J Evans), geography teacher at the time I left Glaisdale in 1963.

I think he married Elaine Bagguley (maths teacher).

I have so much to be grateful to Mr Evans.

Rod Neep

I was taught geography by Mr Evans too and have to thank his dedicated teaching for getting me through the O-level syllabus in one year instead of the usual two. I remember Miss Bagguley too. Although I was never taught by her she was my form teacher one year. I have no idea where they are now but many years ago met them when walking in Colwick Woods with my husband, daughter and dog. I think they had some children with them but can't really remember.

I can help you with this Rod.

Mr Evans did indeed marry Miss Bagguley & took a school group to Norway with them on their honeymoon in 1960/1. In the mid 1970's I had a girlfriend who shared a house with 2 other student teachers on Malvern Crs. West Bridgeford & Mr. & Mrs Evans lived next door. I would sometimes see Mr. Evans on a Sunday morning walking to the local church on Musters Rd where he was a lay preacher.  I believe Mr Evans died a number of years ago leaving a wife (nee Bagguley) & two daughters.

Hope this is of interest.