This is for some of the older ones on here. 

We all start life as complete novices. We grow up, go to school, work, have families then retire.

We learn a lot during that journey - professionally, family wise and about ourselves. We learn even more during retirement. 

All that experience. We become very good at things. Then we go and die!

What a bleddy waste!!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

How very true PP, same with a good workshop, I couldn't afford half the tools I have now, problem is, I don't have that much time left to wear them in...

I've learned so much in the last 20 plus years, and still learning, I often wondered where I found the time to earn a living!!

• Like 2

As we approach a 'milestone' birthday I wonder if others, like myself, take stock of where we are and where we are going? I did just that last year when running up to my 80th. Asked myself a whole range of questions about family, health and future plans. How do I adjust to any changes since my last 'milestone'? These things are at the back of our minds all the time of course but for me those 'milestone moments' help crystallise the various issues. Decisions can me made. Action can be taken. It's a freshen up.

It gives me a lot of confidence when I have a plan. We often have to wait and hope about the results of family and health issues but it is easier if we have a plan and are able to visualise a positive outcome.

Life is good :biggrin:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
On 12 gennaio 2019 at 12:59 PM, PeverilPeril said:

This is for some of the older ones on here. 

We all start life as complete novices. We grow up, go to school, work, have families then retire.

We learn a lot during that journey - professionally, family wise and about ourselves. We learn even more during retirement. 

All that experience. We become very good at things. Then we go and die!

What a bleddy waste!!

PP You're right but I 'm hoping that I'm going to live forever.....think of all the things we're going to miss.thumbsup

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

As a child maybe about 9/10 a girl in my class died and I remember thinking " I hope I don't die because I'll miss the Beano" Stupid the things that pop into your mind as a child.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2