China's Moon Landing.

So China has released video of their lunar landing on the dark side of the moon.

Summat puzzles me, how did they get a radio signal from the back side of the moon to earth???

From memory, the US orbiting vehicle used to be in radio silence when they entered the back side of the moon.

Am I the only one asking this question??

Are the Chinese BSing us, and releasing videos made in an earth movie studio??

• Like 1

I presume you mean geo stationary satellite station Brew... Still would be impossible to get a signal from the dark side of the moon to use that relay. Remember the orbiting vehicle the US used was relaying the looney landings radio messages to earth, but only until it started going around the back of the moon when it was impossible. Radio signals will not penetrate through the moon.

Ian, first thing I thought was "Ello, ello, Chinese are into making looney movies just like the US did."

• Like 1

A significant challenge faced by the Chinese team was the inability to communicate directly with the spacecraft. Signals to and from the rover are being relayed through a satellite called Queqiao (Magpie Bridge). Queqiao is in a “halo orbit” on the other side of the moon, from where it can communicate with both Chang’e and the Earth.

The Guardian.

I don't know if you can see this your side of the pond but there is a simple diagram that explains it:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/jan/03/china-probe-change-4-land-far-side-moon-basin-crater

If you think about it, the Chinese can make a lot of things work, maybe Confucius has something to do with it!!.

That could explain how they got a radio signal, hmmmm orbiting, but what??? To have a successful orbit, one needs a planet/s as it would require some form of gravity, have the Chinese the ability to create gravity?? 

Excuse me being skeptical, but I'm probably one of tens of millions who think this is sheer BS. A satellite orbiting nothing ?? At least that's what the sketch shows.

I've experienced some odd things in my 25 years plus of being an amateur radio operator, but everything happened in an atmosphere with reflective layers, and once I did talk to a fellow ham in Reno from Sacramento on two metres, (144Mhz band)  Normally impossible, as Reno is a few thousand feet below the peaks of the Sierra Nevada mountains. But that evening had severe thunder storms that we presumed acted like a mirror for that band.

Ayup search for Lagrange points. An empty point in space that can be orbited. In this case it sits between the Sun, the Earth and the Moon...

eee the stuff tha learns onere...

• Upvote 1

Brew, sounds like a load of Chinese BS...LOL

I'm not convinced... Not sour grapes, but I just don't trust the Chinese anymore than the North Koreans, and don't worry, I don't trust the US government either, if they say red is blue, I'd go for black.

Well I can't convince you mate but think of this. Would NASA really let them get away with it? Do you not think they are studying the the progress in great detail to learn just how far China has advanced?

They have just tracked a satellite radio signal over 4 billion kilometres, tracking a signal, or lack of, from the moon will be childs play.

A good book to read is Dark Moon written by a couple of British photographic experts. The book was researched on real investigative journalism, they were skeptical about the stories going around claiming it was all false. They like millions on the day it so called happened believed the videos.

The best part was when they examined NASA's photos carefully, came up with there must have been multiple light sources, and asked another photographic expert to examine them. His answer was "I've heard all these stories many times and don't want to examine them" Ironically, they got him to look at them, and he spotted something that made him examine all photos carefully. His conclusion??? We must have more than one sun!! OR, the photos were taken on a movie set. Light angles and shadow angles just don't add up with a planet and moon with just one sun.

They researched the film, camera, NASA's released photos, incidentally, re release of those photos clearly show they have been doctored from the originals. Well worth reading their research.

Do they believe anyone has landed on the moon?? They are unsure, BUT, they state that Armstrong etc NEVER left earth orbit!!

Get a copy and have a good read, you might find you don't believe NASA afterwards and might well get other books debunking NASA's story.

I've read many books on the subject, including an article by one of the engineers who worked on the design of the landing module. He stated he and his colleagues had a good laugh over the design and stated on record, "IT COULD NEVER WORK"

There's even a James Bond movie where they took the pee out of the landings.

Another thing that they said just doesn't add up, WHY, would NASA risk men's lives at high peaks of the sunspot cycles when they knew there was a deadly risk of a major solar flare that would kill astronauts on the moon or even traveling between to moon within minutes???

There's so much more, the book is well worth reading.

• Like 1

When 13 at Berridge I wrote an essay about the dark side of the moon. I imagined the other side of the moon to be hollow and that fierce moon monsters lived there. The exploring space ship from earth was attacked by these monsters but were thwarted by having salt thrown at them. Salt being poisonous to them. The teacher scoffed at my essay, saying that the laws of gravity deemed the moon to be solid. No little gold star for imaginative writing. Just a sort of 'don't be silly'. That was in 1951 and looking back, maybe the teacher was being a bit silly; not about gravity but about imagination.

I have my doubts about the US moon landing. Maybe it was a massif step for the US politically, rather than for mankind. It was a long time ago and the advances in technology have taught us how impossible that feat would have been at that time. Had it have happened then, why no further landings from the US? Huge amounts have been spent on other space ventures, so i don't believe that it was just about the money.

• Like 2

You set me off on one now Ayeup. first I looked at your Dr Groves... interesting chap... if he exists.... the company he claims to work for went bust (as did the one before that) before he wrote the book... wanna know what the company produced  and what he did?

This is probably totally boring other than to you and I so I'll keep digging, but may PM my findings if you're still interested.

Dark Moon was written by Mary Bennett and David Percy, publish by Aulis Publishers and the Paperback edition is ISBN 1 898541.

Never heard of Dr Groves, Brew.

PP, I lived in California when the first Mars Rover landed and started exploring, I was watching channel 3 news that evening and one of the "News Anchors" said of the video "Looks like the Arizona desert" with a wide smile on his face. Mind the latest Rover had some interesting stuff on it which might prove the news anchor's remarks weren't in jest. NASA slipped up, or maybe it's a "whistle blower"? Moving lights were seen on an evening scene in the distance as if the Rover was videoing a distant road with some car traffic on it. Either that or a Martian driving his Range Rover home after a hard day at the office...

OK, now I know who Dr Groves is, forgive me as it's been many years since I read Dark Moon, I dragged my copy out and looked through the index, photographic expert. My apologies.. Memory isn't what it used to be.