Sign in to follow this  
Cliff Ton

Basford flats

It's a bit wobbly, being hand-held and taken from a car. It's not difficult to see why they only had a short life.

• Like 3

I had friends who had a flat in one of the tower blocks can’t remember what floor but was really high up. It was a really nice flat, but they never really settled there. Later another friend got a flat in one of the smaller blocks, she was really happy but I always got lost when I went to see her, it was a bit of a rabbit warren and looked quite hideous (concrete jungle comes to mind in more ways than one). 

My sister lived in one of the tower blocks, the lifts usually smelled of wee.

The current Mrs Fly lived there with her ex and baby in the early 70's. She detested every moment there.

A woman, Pauline, that worked for me at Gerards had one of those Basford flats which looked out on to Gregory Boulevard. She thought it was an absolutely wonderful place, not least that if she stood on a chair and looked across the boulevard through her binoculars she was able to see directly into one of the brothels across the road - and then come into work the following day with detailed descriptions of the goings on and how disgusting it was.

She could never see the irony of her activities.

Had a couple football of mates live in Basford flats they loved it.........think the flats you mean Jonab were Hyson Green................

I signed on at the Dole Office attatched to the flats..still got me UB40.

5 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Had a couple football of mates live in Basford flats they loved it.........think the flats you mean Jonab were Hyson Green................

Looked very similar to the ones in the video but, one concrete box is much the same as another and it is a long time since I was there.

Yes Jonab and only about 2 miles apart.........but the big hill between would obscure your view a bit...............

A knockaupper?..Basford Flats. Nice girl at Camelots lived here..Kate Bush fan..why i remember that..i don't knowimages-12.jpg

• Like 1