which download of office

Is their any member out there who can help and advise please?

Just brought a ASUS 2 in 1 tablet with key board , its just great but when I purchased  it the company stated that it had Office word excel and the rest.  When it arrived the key for office to put in the ASUS was out of date, phoned the company who kept say they would get back to me but never did, after sending an e-mail to them, they told me that if I was not satisfied to send the ASUS back for a refund.

Now I have just found out that if your tablet/computer is 10" and less you can get free downloads of office. Just looked at this and there seems to be lots of sites for this, but which site do I choose, any member any ideas please? oh and the ASUS is windows 8 and 4gb/8gb.     The unit is an ASUS T100 SERIES model mobile dock,

I use Libre Office - it's free to download and use, and I Ike it MUCH better than Microsoft Office.   It has very similar toolbars to Word and has the equivalent of Excel amongst other things.   You can also save any documents in Word format if you want or need to.   I would never change back to Word!

• Like 1

I also use Libre Office in both English and français versions (could never justify the cost of two different language versions of the M$ software).

It is more than adequate for my needs in an office suite.

I do have some special requirements in scientific graphics programs which, again, is completely satisfied by free software (https://www.acdlabs.com/resources/freeware/index.php if anyone's interested).

• Upvote 1

Mary, That machine is quite old now and the MS Office software installed on it was a time limited trial.

The Libre Office software Margie mentioned is an excellent alternative and is free here:   https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/

Make sure you choose the correct version. There are other office type programs that are free but Libre, in my opinion, is the best of them.

• Like 1

Thanks to all you replys

will try them all:mouse: