You need to click on 'start new topic' Geoffrey.   Keep trying... you'll soon get the hang of it.    You were born the same year as me by the way.

It certainly was a vintage year, Geoffrey!

have you found the Henry Mellish thread yet (in the schools section, I think?)

Geoffrey, I found your above reply, but I didn't see it until I'd read the ones on my profile!  It's a bit like letters crossing in the post, isn't it.....  best to continue on here now, I think.

Please tell us some of your early memories of living in .Nottingham.  That's what we all love to read

1 hour ago, MargieH said:

You need to click on 'start new topic' Geoffrey.   Keep trying... you'll soon get the hang of it.    You were born the same year as me by the way.

27 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Geoffrey, I found your above reply, but I didn't see it until I'd read the ones on my profile!  It's a bit like letters crossing in the post, isn't it.....  best to continue on here now, I think.

Please tell us some of your early memories of living in .Nottingham.  That's what we all love to read

It was the Mellish postings which originally drew my attention to the forum.Please forgive any apparent signs of bad manners for none are intended. Hopefully mistakes will be eliminated as I become more proficient at postings.

• Like 1

There's no need to apologise - it can be difficult at first finding your way around on here.   Just keep on posting on the main forum (like this) and not on my profile page (I don't mind your doing that but it gets me a bit confused!!)  

Some  people look on 'all activity' to find topics they want to add to, but others click on 'unread content' ... that's what I do.  

When you want to add to a post,it works best to click on the TIME of the last post, then it takes you straight  to the last page.

if you want to send a private message, go to the little envelope at the top right of the page and type the person's name in.   Or it may be easier for you to go to that person's profile and click on 'message' NEXT TO THE LITTLE ENVELOPE.

There's several different ways to do stuff on here.   Keep going... you'll be fine

• Like 1

Thanks Margie, i have also learnt something about using the site, and a few other members have probably benefited from your online coaching.

• Upvote 1

Thank you, Waddo... pleased it was helpful.   As with most people, I suppose I just found out by trial and error!

Every time I try to do the trial and error thing, i end up more confused. But that maybe because I only use my tablet. Perhaps i should start "taking tablets" !!

• Upvote 1