Changing Face Of Clumber Street

Interesting photos, Dave.  I always look to see if I'm  on any of them but unsurprisingly, I'm not!  Does everyone else do that?

16 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Interesting photos, Dave.  I always look to see if I'm  on any of them but unsurprisingly, I'm not!  Does everyone else do that?

I did find a picture of me outside Littlewoods on here but, like so many pictures, it now seems to have been removed.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, jonab said:

I did find a picture of me outside Littlewoods on here but, like so many pictures, it now seems to have been removed.

I remember when you commented on that picture.  Didn't you have a lot of dark hair?

47 minutes ago, MargieH said:

No Margie,,,,you must be Vain..........lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MargieH said:

.... and brown sheepskin/suede coat and light brown flared trousers ?

I did have both of those items but I don't remember wearing them in that picture.

Jonab, where  have I got that picture of you from, I wonder.  Perhaps you mentioned that you had some clothes like that?

ben,  I'm not vain!  I always hope I'll see a photo with me as a little girl with my mum, but seeing as we didn't go into town very much it's extremely unlikely.    

On my profile, there is an option of 'See my activity' I assume we have all got that option. When I click on it I get a long list of my posts from way back. It might be a way of finding Jonabs  picture? It's just an idea to try.

I've found my picture. It wasn't lost in the ether, it was me using the wrong search criteria.

I'm in the centre picture of the newspaper vendors post by Ian123 https://nottstalgia.com/forums/topic/16672-a-few-random-photos-6/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-576187

I'm the one on the right walking past Stead & Simpson/Littlewoods.

Oooh, there's a sale on at Stead & Simpson! Brought back memories of hoovering up size 3s for very little because they didn't fit most people. I've still got piles of shoe boxes in my wardrobe but never wear what's in them.

My feet were slow growing. Half way through The Manning, I still took size 12 children's fitting! 

20 hours ago, MargieH said:

It's a sign of age, and a worrying one. It first happened to me several years ago when I was looking through an "Old Nottingham book which included photos from the 1960s. I realised that I could be in some of those photos as a kid with my parents (as it happened, I wasn't in them).  But it was a bit of a shock...

Since then, I always study old Nottingham photos closely with a perverse wish to see myself when I was younger. So far it hasn't happened, but one day I'm going to be confronted with the younger me.

• Like 4