I was in Seville over the weekend and noticed two mid-70s-vintage NCT Atlanteans still in harness on the city's tour bus service.

Was there a reason for the popularity of old NCT vehicles with this kind of operation?

nct-in-seville-2019.jpg

• Like 4

Brilliant Bamber..i can see Catfan as the tour guide/ driver..sun hat & shades..no better man.

Great photo- thanks!!

8 hours ago, bamber said:

I was in Seville over the weekend and noticed two mid-70s-vintage NCT Atlanteans still in harness on the city's tour bus service.

Was there a reason for the popularity of old NCT vehicles with this kind of operation?

nct-in-seville-2019.jpg

Still going strong cos blokes like Roger Peatman maintained em so well !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I see they drive on the 'proper' side of the road in Hong Kong

• Like 1

I think 398 and 399 were slightly lower so they could get under the bridge on Wilford lane, drove them a few times in 1979.

• Like 3

Here's low level 399 Den..should the thread title be Life Begins at 400?8577792391-a4807d2aa1.jpg

• Like 3

Den, there were a batch of six, numbered 395 - 400, all built to a height of 13'8" to get under the Wilford Lane GCR bridge. 395 ran for a couple of years as an overall advert for Big Chef, whilst 400 had a GB sticker in its rear window following a jaunt to the continent in 1972.

• Like 2

Not easy to tell from the photo. It is certainly "running in" to Parliament Street Depot having finished a 5A, looks more like Maid Marian Way, I think.

• Like 1