Eric Haydock and Dean Ford

Eric Haydock, bassist of the Hollies has sadly passed away. The Hollies were on of my all time favourite 60's groups. Brilliant singles, and a great live band.

Dean Ford, vocalist with Marmalade has died too. A good blues band in the 60's, then progressed to a more pop orientated style of music, making some very good singles including the brilliant Reflections of my Life.

RIP you both.

• Upvote 2
46 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Dean Ford, vocalist with Marmalade has died too. A good blues band in the 60's, then progressed to a more pop orientated style of music, making some very good singles including the brilliant Reflections of my Life.

Agree about 'Reflections'.  Unfortunately many people might only know them for the cover of 'Ob la di'. It's a bit of a surprise to find that they also did this:

• Upvote 1

I saw The Hollies a couple of times live. Great band. Always loved He’s My Brother. Didn’t Dean Ford sing barefoot at first?

• Upvote 1

I thought that the Hollies were a brilliant pop band, and although not in the same class as the Beatles or Stones, continued to make superb singles in many ways. Alan Clark was a terrific singer till his voice deteriorated, and was replaced by the infinitely inferior Carl Wayne. Even he's ok though, and does well to keep going.

Marmalade, I first saw at one of the National Jazz & Blues festivals in the mid 60's. They did a great set in the afternoon, then it was onto the serious stuff, such as TYA, Fleetwood Mac, The Nice etc.