New TV Channel

Steve, if you use a computer to access the internet, you will find a few documentary sites, you can down load the docs and record them later for playing back, I do this all the time with movies and Documentaries. It's even possible to download HD videos from Youtube via certain sites by copying the URL of the Youtube video and pasting it in the download window of those sites.

One of the funniest Documentaries I watched was about vaginas, YES, vaginas, where young women are self conscious of the shape etc... Interesting to say the least and a good laugh as well.

• Like 1

Colly410, here's few pics for your wife of some findings from an historical dig at Tattershall Thorpe Lincolnshire when I worked in the quarry, it is of an early settlement  well timber lining, they had to use timber linings because with the ground being sand and gravel once the water seeped through the sides would collapse

DSCF4304.jpg

DSCF4302.jpg

DSCF4305.jpg

Hope they are of interest

• Like 2

Not a new TV channel but a tv programme " Barnwood  Builders" I have only just found it on Blaze amongst the hundreds of channels out there. Its about a group of builders , in the USA Midwest who take down Barns and cabins built by early settlers and rebuild them and adapt them for modern use. Beside some fantastic scenery it leaves you amazed how they built them originally, with just saws, axes and muscle power.

• Like 1

We have quite a few documentary channels now = Yesterday, PBS America, Quest, Dave, Smithsonian, BBC4 & others. Over xmas we had guest channels Nat Geographic & Discovery but they've gone now as I'm too mean to pay Virgin Media for them. I also like to watch scientific programs & doco's on You Tube. Remember when a kid & most doco's were on BBC2 which I couldn't watch as we only had a 405 lines TV...