I've decided to resign as an Admin/moderator on this site, it's just not worth the hassles, Mick now has my resignation and I asked him to remove my status as Admin. I don't contribute a great deal to the site, and haven't for a couple of years.

I'm not back tracking from my decision, my mind is made up and my decision is final.

Really sorry to read this Ayup but I’m not at all surprised by your decision.  The troublemakers on this forum have a lot to answer for.   

Thank you for your endeavours to keep control of things and hope you will continue to look in ...... if, indeed, Nottstalgia exists for much longer.  

A very sad situation.  

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Such a shame that you've been unceremoniously driven out John. You'll be sorely missed.

• Like 2

It's been on the cards for a long time.

So sad to see you go although we've not met or had any communication, its always sad to see a"boss" go. good luck in whatever finds you next.

• Like 1

I only resigned as an Admin, I'm not leaving the site...LOL

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

I'd better get some interviews lined up then............Venue Costa Coffee,, Bulwell main st, outside smoking area.

Now what we looking for ?   

1/ someone that knows about computers,, would be good,,

2/ Ex Pat or local ? don't spose it matters,,

3/ Must be thick skinned

4/ Not afraid to reprimand folk,, or even Ban em,,

5/ Good organiser for ''Chulla-ups''

6/Must'nt be Racist ,,Misogynist, or anti LGBT

7/ Bit of a Snowflake is ok,,

8/ non Political

Bring your CV with you on the day,,,packet of Fags and enough cash to buy me a double Espresso..........thank-you..........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Nobody said the job was in Cognito.  Too far for me to travel I'm afraid .

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Cognito ! Where's that, South America ? 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

'Second star to the right and straight on till morning..' 

(Actually.. being a bit of a namby pamby Snowflake, I prefer 'second star to the left..', but it's no biggy...) :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Right, and straight, that's me Col, but I certainly don't profess to be a star. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I can't really see why this thread is here.

If someone wants to leave a position of authority on a forum it is of little concern to the rank and file membership, only to the boss. No need for big announcements in a new thread. This is made even more relevant by the statement:

I don't contribute a great deal to the site, and haven't for a couple of years.

• Like 4

John announced it..........and we wished him all the best and thanks.........nice i thought        ,,,,,i take it you won't be applying for the role Jonab ?

Because it's a sad day for the site, when a well respected member of staff is ridiculed and then hounded out solely because he has the guts to stand up to a few argumentative and childish individuals who are intent on boring the majority of members senseless, thereby they give up posting, and then they can have the site to themselves. This is now currently happening !

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Benjamin, I am already a moderator on two other forums and I don't think I would be able (or want) to cope with the politics et cetera that is present here.

I have been an admin on another forum which did tend to veer towards being unnecessarily political. I told the leader and just stopped participating. That's all that I thought was required. I'm still a member of that forum and I follow its progress on a sort of monthly basis with a very occasional contribution. There is no loss on either side.

• Like 1