Went on a treasure hunt with grandkids and family on Sunday, and it was nice seeing them learn a bit about their city. I must admit I too learnt a bit, despite being Nottingham born and bred!

I was playing with my old camera, so decided to take it along. Thought you might like to join the game .... where's this then. I'm sure these will be dead easy for you experts!

We started here...

Sky-Mirror.jpg

• Like 3

This one's a bit obscure. A row of houses with some really ornate carvings above the doors. It's particulary relevant that she's playing a stringed instrument as one of these buildings was occupied, some years ago, by an "establishment" well into stringed instruments!

Lute-Lady.jpg

Sorry for flooding the site with photos!

• Like 3

For anyone interested ...

the Albert Hall reflected in the Sky Mirror outside the Nottingham Playhouse

The Arboretum 

The top memorial is in the General Cemetery at the corner of Clarendon and Waverley Streets

The bottom memorial is outside the High School on Arboretum Road

As Ben said, the plaque is on the Bell 

The lady with the lute is on one of the houses at the bottom of Clarendon Street where the Spanish Guitar Centre was based may years ago.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Excellent thread!!!

Never seen the Playhouse mirror but sort of recognised the Albert Hall tower. Seen all of the others but time has diminished my acuity for placements.

As plantfit says, proper Nottstalgia.

• Like 1