Nothing posted about this place, I think our Darkazana used to live in the village

P1060623.jpg

Did some breeding bird surveys there in the old gravel working a few years ago for the Notts wildlife trust, some lovely walks along the river and around the old ponds created by the gravel workings

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Driven up there many times. Beautiful area.

• Like 1

The Besthorpe in Norfolk i know fairly well from my VG stores days,,,lived/lodged in Norfolk on and off for many years loved the place,,,it was a toss up after my Divorce in the early 80s whether i went to live there or return to Nottingham,,,Nottingham won because of family,,,often wonder where my life would have gone if i had chosen Norfolk,,,,probably married some lovely Norfolk Wench (es),,,and had kids that spoke funny.   lol

Went back a few years ago on a job i was doing,,,was there a few weeks and tried to look up old friends,,,very sad,,all had gone.........Also crossed my mind 'do i look up old lady friends at a place called 'Samson and Deliah's' (wed night grab a Granny) thought better of it,,they'd all be pushing 80 now and probably not up for a 'Wild night or three''''''''''' LOVL

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

You may think ''what does Donna make of some of the things i say about other women on here'''?    well she just laughs and calls me a 'Twat'

When i told her i was off to Norwich for a few weeks (home at weekends) she just said OK love,,,tried to provoke her by saying ''had a few flings there ya know''  yes i know duck youve told me before''' you do realise if they still alive they probably in their 80s and can't even remember you'''

Cheeky Git........lol

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Jill mi duck,,i have long known that the ladies are far more switched on about life in general,,,and certainly have us blokes well sussed,,,love you all,,,

Watch now,,Fly will say i'm creeping............lol

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Definitely nothing wrong with creeping round the ladies Ben ! 

• Like 1

Just staying on the man/woman bit,,,,i obviously prefer ladies,,,and over the years had a few Lady Bosses,,and i must say enjoyed em all,,,in my Store Detecting days i was mostly teamed up with females,,,and when it came to a bit of rough stuff they were better than most of the blokes.........

I worked Glasgow with a lady SD for a few weeks,,she was from Derby and Hard as Nails,,even the 'Jocks'were scared of her,,and asked me to 'keep her away''............when i had my own company most of my SDs were female,,some great lasses,,,love to write a book on those days,,all Nottingham ladies................if i was to relate some of the incidents you would swear i was making them up      pretending to make love over the car bonnet........shush       lol

I bet your tales are authentic Ben. Unusual for NS.

• Like 3

Hey Trogg,,,pity we so old now,,, i have met you,,and you are a lovely bloke.....you more than likely had a better life than me (ie less trouble) but you remind me of a chap that worked for me in Peterborough,,,he was never appreciated by the previous boss,,,he would go anywhere and tackle any job,,, i promoted him straight away and got him travelling east Anglia mostly with me,,,we had some great times together work and pleasure,, last time i saw him about 20 years ago, he told me our times together were great and never strayed from the ''straight and narrow again'' still with his Essex bride Linda great gel,,

See Trogg,, me and you could have had some great times,,,might have caused divorce but what the hell,,,you gave it a swing..,,my memory of Phil will never leave me............a big fat girl swinging him round in ''Samsons'' and his feet off the ground,,he loved it..................

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ben I have a major problem my wife understands me and tolerates me. She must do we have been married 52 years this June, we met when we were both 17, she does roll her eyes regularly I just don't know why. As a Hucknall girl born and bred she knows many people in Hucknall , when walking through town she complains that I am always stopping talking to people ,she says she doesn't mind but most of them are women. I use to always be in bother when I was younger but I found out you had more fun being a lover not a fighter. I knew I was past it years ago when she said I could go out when I want , where ever I  want and with who I want. But they have got to keep me, I couldn't decide if she was being nice to me or otherwise.

We will have to have a meet up in wethers soon for a coffee, all invited.

• Like 3

Sounds like you have a great relationship Trogg,,,,and God bless you,,,,we are all different and who's to say who's right,,,so long as you are happy,,,i have two ex wives and wish them all the best.........first wife lovely girl,,all my fault,can't say any ill of her at all,,.................second wife ,mostly my fault but not all,,still see her and love her like a sister,,,she talks posh now,and when we mix in other companys ie her friends,,i whisper,''what you talking like that for ?

She smiles and whispers back ''f... off Ben''      i love it,, reckon she does too............lol

Edit..........must meet for coffee trogg.................

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ben and Trogg.  I'm in Nottm Thurs 7th March for an evening meeting with frends.  I can be in Boowul Wethies Friday morning 8th., before heading home.  Would be great to see you both again.  All others welcome obviously.

Col

• Like 1