DaveN

Stamp Price Increase

1st and 2nd class stamps are to increase in price on March 25th. 1st class are to increase to 70p and 2nd class to 61p. So if you use a lot or want to get some in stock (think about Christmas cards) then you might want to get some before they increase in price.

• Like 1

Crikey! Is that EACH?

I never think about the price of a stamp as the price isn't on it any more. I just get a book of stamps at the supermarket and it gets added into the total.

Crikey!

Yes, Eileen, it's unbelievable. I'm amazed they waited till after Christmas !

This has got to be some early April fools joke? No one still buys stamps? ................ Do they? 

Not at that price I wouldn’t think. Perhaps if they were substantially cheaper the volume of post would increase. This is just a disincentive to use the mail.

Fewer people are using the postal service. How can we bring them back? ‘I know, let’s put the price of stamps up’.

If you're really ahead of the game, you should also buy your Christmas Cards straight after Christmas day when they are being sold off at reduced prices.

• Like 3

My wife does that every year, then she puts them away in a safe place , yes  you have guessed right she can never find them. Some where in the house we must have a secret place full of Christmas cards and lost socks.

We buy all of our Christmas cards, wrapping, ribbons, bows, crackers and any gifts that will keep well all in the January sales. It is something we had to do in past years as hubbs and I are both from big families, and it was the only way we could afford to buy for our loved ones. It is not down to being tight, it is born from necessity. When our parents were still with us and brothers and sisters had small children, the count was 40+, that was before we even started on our own children. I love giving gifts, but there is no way we could do it now. The family gift list is down to around 20ish these days, but still need those sales to help out.:)

• Like 5

I don't know if it's just around here but the Scouts do deliveries at Christmas for about 25p each item. Only local stuff, of course, but very reliable.

• Like 4

EileenH, What a good idea, that would raise some funds for the scouts and help people out as well. It brings to mind  memories of 'Bob-a-Job'. :) 

• Like 1

I think I'm going to get a dozen 2nd class stamps while out shopping and ad them to my Christmas booty that's if I can remember where I put every thing.:blink: 

• Like 3

On 2/24/2019 at 11:10 AM, carni said:

crackers and any gifts that will keep well all in the January sales. 

On 12/25/2018 at 6:02 PM, carni said:

when it came to the crackers I don't think they are what they used to be. Or are they?

Do Crackers have a sell by date? 

• Like 1

I know cream crackers do!

• Like 1