• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to buy a shed. The shopkeeper said "are you going to put it up yourself?" "No, just in the garden"

Looking east down Zulu Road from Pearson Street. On the left, opposite the cornershop, is the shed  used by Mr Hufton as his cobbler's shop   Street plus Shed combined post   

This one is rather narrow...  

1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

That's it!!!  I'm sick of this constant bullying, victimisation and sordid attacks.  I'm leaving now and you won't hear from me again...

.....Until I come back

Folk do do don't dey, JB ;)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, FLY2 said:

We saw one at Hengistbury Point near Christchurch last year, and the cheey sods wanted about £275 K. Yes, THOUSAND for it 

No bleddy leccy either !

This is the one FLY, but the two neighbouring sheds are better value cos they’ve got their own sheds

17241-F08-A7-AB-4302-BCB0-40-BC0027750-F

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

One of our sons has a cellar under his living room... you enter via a trapdoor and then go down stone steps.  It's chock-a-block with 'stuff'.... bit like a shed really (or, in the case of our house, a garage)

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

I have read through all the posts and i am wondering what is going on....great interaction with lots of laughs 'from me anyway' I knew we could do it, keep it up.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

I visited our old next door neighbour yesterday and they had a ‘wine cellar’ put underneath their new extension on their kitchen.   It’s incredible ...... goes down several metres with a carpeted spiral staircase and wine racks all the way round.  Pity I had to drive 100 miles home, it could have been a fun night. 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

This is where posh people live.

yMQ2GaG.jpg

My biscuits live there too.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

Did yer buy 'em in a pub!

Don't know but remember they were covered in cobwebs.

• Like 4

I got really excited about this thread when sheds became the topic but unfortunately things about sheds have dried up. I blame philmayfield for turning it into a bragging match. I was upset because I only have one shed, mind you I built a lean-to on it last year so that should count as two sheds. I also have a tool bunker that could be classed as half a shed. So, the more I think about it - I have two and a half sheds - half a shed more than Phil! ...Oh! I feel much better now.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

I don’t have a shed, but after reading these posts I am fired with enthusiasm and am going to start looking for one. Didn’t realise there were so many varieties. I think I will look for a starter shed to begin with and then go on from there. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

That's it PP, start the day off as hopefully we all mean to go on. Well weather permitting, I'll start dismantling mine today.

It looks promising despite the wind.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, PeverilPeril said:

Yes Fly - a fine day for dismantling a shed. Mine is too full of stuff so I might start dismantling my grandsons shed next door. 

Are you going to tell him before you start the dismantling?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

For some time I’ve wanted to build a ‘pub shed’ all fitted out like a proper public bar. I do have a 20’ by 8’ base where a greenhouse used to sit. (I do have two other greenhouses - but that’s a topic for next weekend; I know for a fact that Col has lots of greenhouse photographs.) So I’m off to look at suitable pub sheds today.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

I got really excited about this thread when sheds became the topic but unfortunately things about sheds have dried up. I blame philmayfield for turning it into a bragging match. I was upset because I only have one shed, mind you I built a lean-to on it last year so that should count as two sheds. I also have a tool bunker that could be classed as half a shed. So, the more I think about it - I have two and a half sheds - half a shed more than Phil! ...Oh! I feel much better now.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Stavertongirl said:

I don’t have a shed, but after reading these posts I am fired with enthusiasm and am going to start looking for one. Didn’t realise there were so many varieties. I think I will look for a starter shed to begin with and then go on from there. 

You do need to be careful though.. just like any hobby, you will find yourself drawn in to the endless round of upgrades and improvements.  This week a starter shed, but before you know it you'll have a two story 'Woman Cave' complete with sewing room, bar, gym, display of antique horse brasses.. pictures of Nottingham.. the lot..

I bought a record in 1961.  I've got thousands of the things cluttering up the house now and not content with the originals, I've got multiple copies of some.. special pressings, re-issues..the works.  Of course a 20 quid Dansette was no good for playnig obscure and collectable records.. so I had to spend about £800 on a 'starter' hi fi system in 1991.  Now it's so bad that £800 won't even buy a new cartridge for my record player.. it's over a grand.. and don't ask how much the rest set me back... and the next amplifier in the range is very tempting....

Don't say I didn't warn you...:(

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Going to have to buy a new shed for my grandson. Started dismantling his, because it was a perfect 'shed dismantling' day but found I had nowhere to put the contents of his shed.

Oh! it's started raining. That solved the problem. Wait a minute. I could 'move' the shed. I that way all of the contents would stay dry. Ah! It's a good day for moving sheds! 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

All these posts about sheds and shed loads of posts about posts  - mekin me ed urt innit…  I'm beginning to think you have a stake in it somewhere..

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Partially dismantled mine, but it's time for tea and walnut cake !