52 minutes ago, Brew said:

All these posts about sheds and shed loads of posts about posts  - mekin me ed urt innit…  I'm beginning to think you have a stake in it somewhere..

Beyond the pale ?

• Like 2
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to buy a shed. The shopkeeper said "are you going to put it up yourself?" "No, just in the garden"

Looking east down Zulu Road from Pearson Street. On the left, opposite the cornershop, is the shed  used by Mr Hufton as his cobbler's shop   Street plus Shed combined post   

This one is rather narrow...  

No pp, the fruit cake is having a rest....... Oh, you mean proper cake !  No, we've been shopping this morning, so I polished off the remainder of last week's to make room on the shelf ! Well that's my excuse.

• Like 4

Rain stops play, so more cake !

• Like 1

The warmer weather has caused the cats to shed too much hair.  There's clumps of it everywhere.  I think I need to get a spinning wheel.... several years ago, a friend of mine used to spin the hair from her dogs and then knit it into woolly hats.   THIS IS TRUE!!

Do any of you knowledgeable  people know anything about spinning wheels?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
59 minutes ago, MargieH said:

As far as I know, they go round and round!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Going to make some pizzas tonight . It looks like rain. So now I wish we had an oven in the shed so we wouldn't get wet but it looks like I have to cook them in the kitchen. Shame really because eating pizzas near the shed is very summery. We can hang the beer in bags on top of the well so when we are ready we can drop the bags into the well to keep the beer cold.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

I think Margie is making a ‘shed’ joke. :biggrin:

Sorry, The shed joke topic is now closed.

Nobody let me know.... .... I'm not a member of the illuminati 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

I think Margie is making a ‘shed’ joke. :biggrin:

Sorry, The shed joke topic is now closed.

Just cos I have half a shed more than you ;)

Margie, I still have some dog hair from my old Labrador to use for dubbing fly bodies. Dubbing is a form of spinning and the cream guard hairs from the old dog make nice bodies for heather moth flies.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
33 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Nobody let me know.... .... I'm not a member of the illuminati  

You're right Margie, someone should have shed some light on it

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

The biggest shed i ever saw was near Loughborough, i think it was made for a dog, ShepShed !!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I knew we should have had an oven put in the shed. Last night I burnt the red onions I was going to put on a foccacia. This morning in the kitchen I could still smell burnt onions, caramelised as well. Had to chop and cook some more but the pizzas were great. I made enough for an army but you're all too late they've gone into the shed ,. oops sorry the freezer.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Last night I burnt the red onions I was going to put on a foccacia.

That is a good excuse to have ice cream, choc sauce & nuts.

10 hours ago, Waddo said:

The biggest shed i ever saw was near Loughborough, i think it was made for a dog, ShepShed !!

We had a collie cross called Shep but he lived in the house and we were in Leicester anyway.... 

We used to have a cat kennel in the garden but we never called it the Catshed ..... or should that be cats'shed?   We had 2 cats so please note the correct use of the apostrophe!

• Like 3
On 3/4/2019 at 3:43 PM, MargieH said:

The warmer weather has caused the cats to shed too much hair.  There's clumps of it everywhere.  I think I need to get a spinning wheel.... several years ago, a friend of mine used to spin the hair from her dogs and then knit it into woolly hats.   THIS IS TRUE!!

I'd imagine there are numerous online craft suppliers etc., who can supply spinning wheels and I'd imagine you can spend as much as you like on them.. especially genuine antiques.

I'm reminded of a time in Henry Whipple Primary when I developed a project to make woollen yarn.  Myself and one other, but I don't recall who it was.  We went off into the fields where Top Valley etc., is now and collected sheep wool off barbed wire fences.  We brought it back to school and used the staff room stove to boil up assorted 'dyes'. Onion skins worked well, as did certain yellow flowered wild plants, and some green plants. I remember being surprised that the staff allowed us to use that stove with minimum supervision.. but then most kids would have learned to do that by the time they were seven or eight back then.  After dying, we 'spun' the wool using a spindle.  As I understand it, a spinning wheel is basically a treadle powered spindle.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

Wellington-Circus-1967-geograph-org-uk-1Early 1967 on a sunny Wellington Circus, shame the Rectory and other Cathedral buildings vanished..but a new Hall was on the cards for years. Lamberts Dye House can be seen up on Talbot Street as it is not yet obscured by the City Gate building that replaced the Albert, Tess's Cafe .Mia House next to Clements Pianos..and the sun blinds to the Amoy Restaurant can be seen.Just visible up Shepperson St.is the loading bays belonging to the co-op.

• Like 1

I can just imagine my Austin 1100 parked behind those 60's cars. The selection shown there brings back memories. Passed driving test in a Morris Minor. Went on honeymoon in a hired Mini. Mrs PP had a Herald that fell to pieces.

• Like 1