• Like 5
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At our last house we had 3 barns although, in times past,  one had been used as a stable , one as a piggery and one had a big bread oven in it.   There was also an outside earth toilet with two seats,

A two seater, Margie, Wow!!  You lot must have had money to have one of them.  We only had a one seater.  Shared it with some big spiders.  You checked before you sat down.  Used to go out there at ni

Oh OK. I'll try to be more varied with my posts..  

7260.jpg?mh=460&mw=690&hash=A930A7BAE112

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Oh OK. I'll try to be more varied with my posts..

wooden-fence-post-cap.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

tree-fence1.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

I'm posting a very large number of posts...

farm-fence-posts-ranch-fencing-styles-co

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

It saves time....  :)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Goodness. Yesterday a new world of breathtaking garden sheds was opened up to me and now it is equally exquisite posts. I am going to have to have a shed with posts outside it, can just see it in my garden with my sewing room overlooking them so I can admire them through my window. Did I mention my shed will have a window and a first fooor? I can hardly contain my excitement. Can’t wait to see what will be next,  I await with bated breath.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3
12 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Something considerably more boring than posts I hope.

Drills?  ..... boring?   ... get it?  

But I suspect that many of you really and truly have a great fondness for different kinds of drills, so it wouldn't be boring.....would it?

• Like 2

Talking of sheds, I built one 16 feet by 22 feet, no not a man/woman cave, just for storage..My man cave is humungus! Could fit several large sheds in it, what's the point of have a piddling little mancave, need the room for all my drills and tools.

• Like 2

I've got lots of drills in my shed (well I did have until it burnt to the ground today). My largest one is 30mm. I also have a post hole borer that will make a 6inch hole. I could bore you for hours about drills. I have some very small ones as well - less than half a millimetre. I could go on and on ....................

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I've loads of "tee" posts..

16 speed drill press out in the shop, floor mounted.

Is the shop  a shed or when does a shed become a shop? These things the nation needs to know. We can't have people buying sheds only to get them home and find they have bought a shop. If we are to avoid a catastrophic outbreak of post Brexit sheditis the sanity of the shed users and mantlers depend on knowing such stuff.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

In these parts it's known as a "pole barn", so I'd say it's a large shed that I'm using as a workshop...LOL

Now you're just being lairy. We have had posts, stakes, pales, sheds and shops - now you want to introduce poles and barns...   where will it all end?

• Upvote 3

Probably down a blind alley..:crazy:

40 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I've got lots of drills in my shed (well I did have until it burnt to the ground today). My largest one is 30mm. I also have a post hole borer that will make a 6inch hole. I could bore you for hours about drills. I have some very small ones as well - less than half a millimetre. I could go on and on ....................

You should..

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
29 minutes ago, Brew said:

Is the shop  a shed or when does a shed become a shop? These things the nation needs to know. We can't have people buying sheds only to get them home and find they have bought a shop. If we are to avoid a catastrophic outbreak of post Brexit sheditis the sanity of the shed users and mantlers depend on knowing such stuff.

I'm sure someone will shed some light on it..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1