There's some fairly reliable desk top printers that market for around $200, like I said earlier, they are limited to the size of the object you want to print, but check them out on Youtube.

Like the CNC routing machines that are desk top, they are limited on table size, but cheap enough to get and a good learning machine.

I have a project ready for when I get a CNC router, I want to make some wood back splash "tiles" from wood with carved background for both the kitchen and bathrooms, bathrooms probably flowers, kitchen I haven't a clue yet, but I'm sure wifey with have some ideas.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At our last house we had 3 barns although, in times past,  one had been used as a stable , one as a piggery and one had a big bread oven in it.   There was also an outside earth toilet with two seats,

A two seater, Margie, Wow!!  You lot must have had money to have one of them.  We only had a one seater.  Shared it with some big spiders.  You checked before you sat down.  Used to go out there at ni

Oh OK. I'll try to be more varied with my posts..  

5 hours ago, radfordred said:

I'm more impressed you've still got it! 

Like all Bestwoodians, such as Ben and Trogg.. I've always had 'It'...  :laugh:

Sadly, the car died many years ago.. but not from a failed headlight switch..

• Upvote 1

I was thinking of getting a Desktop Printer.. but I realised I already have a desktop, and if I printed another, I'd have nowhere to put it.

15 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Printing is the easiest part. Firstly you’ve got to capture the information on file using modelling software or a 3D scanner. Sounds fun but can be expensive to get decent kit. 

Lost me with modeling software, thanks for your reply.

This post has revived my interest. In the past I’ve looked at 3D printers in Maplins but now it’s there no longer I don’t know where to view a selection. I must do some research. I want to make a prosthetic finger tip to replace the one I lost in the veg garden!

49 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

I was thinking of getting a Desktop Printer.. but I realised I already have a desktop, and if I printed another, I'd have nowhere to put it.

Groan......

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Brew said:

Groan......

In the spirit of the thread though.....  :)

• Like 1

Plenty of reviews and how to videos here.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=3D+printers

I don't know about 3D printers, I just wish some kind person could explain how to post pictures on here, instead of pestering some other poor soul to do it for me, via email .With greatest respect, CT.

3 hours ago, Beekay said:

Hey SG., can I come up and paint your shed? I could do it out like a fairground caravan or old travellers horse drawn van. Obviously I would leave room for whatisname, johnny depp.:Vampire:

Of course you can BK, I like loads of colour, the more cheerful the better. Whatisname could be entwined with flowers and twiddly bits:jumping:

I find 3D printers fascinating. Hasn’t someone done a bionic arm for his son with one? Absolutely amazing.

Probably a bit higher tech than the Maplin machine but the space station has one to make spare parts! Don't know how that would work in zero gravity but I supposed they have thought of a solution.

• 4 weeks later...

what a pity this topic has dried out . It was very amusing, Thanks Lizzie for reminding me.Must read back to have a good laugh. Lets see how your sheds are doing.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Oh dear went into the shed to look for some slug pellets and couldn't get to the cupboard to get them. It (the shed)is full of summer things so roll on sunshine , dry all this rain out so that we can get at the slug pellets.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I went to the shed to and found that I couldn't find what I wanted as the wife has tidied the shed for me, so is it worth looking for it or has she thrown it away. The problems of modern life.

• Like 2

I've got some slugs in my garage but I've never thought of shooting pellets with them, being 12 gauge they'd probably make a mess.

• Like 3

Funny you mention slugs Brew, when I lived in Oz, we had these huge slugs called Tiger Slugs, their slime was like contact adhesive and just as hard to get off your skin, I could bore you for hours with them.

• Like 3