• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I only wish you had posted them individually. 

The poor bloke had a bit of a rough deal really, crooked spine, not very good looking, lost a bit of a dust up at Bosworth, written about by some bard in not a very complementary light and portrayed in a play by Richard Burton in a strange voice, you just got to feel sorry for the guy

ROGER-STUFF-002.jpg

and to top it all he had his picture taken with me

Rog

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Rog., how can you look so sophisticated in those shorts?

Were you weàring them for a bet. :rotfl:

After zooming in, I'm trying to decide who has the smuggest look.

• Like 1

Sophisticated is my middle name Barrie plus I didn't want to upstage Richard in his best armour and crown so it was shorts and baseball cap for me

Rog 

He's a mystery. According to some, he was a murderer, a usurper and an evil hunchback.  To others, he was a saint who has been maligned and defamed.  Like most of us, the truth lies somewhere in between.  I'll bet he's bragging about having his photo taken with Rog.  "A bike, a bike. My kingdom for a bike!";)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I have it on DVD. Olivier had great fun with the face putty, transforming his appearance. His performance on film is compelling but, apparently, nothing to the spell he cast on the audience when he originally performed the role in the theatre. I'd love to have seen it but it was before I was born.

As kids, we were dragged to the Windsor cinema on Hartley road to see R 3rd. To me it was the most boring film I've ever seeb. What I could never understand was how the character was always talking to camera, as if he were talking to us in the stalls. We spent more time going to the bog for a smoke.

• Like 1

All the cinemas I used to frequent have since been demolished, the Roxy, the Curzon, the Metropole. I believe there’s one in Newark but I’ve never been. A lot of the cinemas in Notts were owned by the Levin Cinema Group. They were clients of my old accountancy firm. They used to have pop concerts at the Adelphi in Bulwell which attracted lots of girls. The manager told me that after a concert there wasn’t a dry seat in the house!

• Like 1