Anyone interested in Tractors

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

You're 9 years younger than me Rog. I used to be a ball of fire like you back in those days. :biggrin:

Not so much ball of fire more like a flickering flame these days Phil, lol

Rog

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I used to be, but now I'm an extractor fan.

Well blow me down !!!

This site’s starting to look like ‘The Farmers Weekly’ ! 

I knew Bicker quite well when my cousin and her husband used to keep the Red Lion pub there. It was on the A52 but has since been bypassed. My uncle also lived in the village. Funnily enough my other cousin, her brother, used to keep the Red Lion pub in Stow on the Wold

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I knew Bicker quite well when my cousin and her husband used to keep the Red Lion pub there. It was on the A52 but has since been bypassed. My uncle also lived in the village. Funnily enough my other cousin, her brother, used to keep the Red Lion pub in Stow on the Wold

Dawsons used to have open days each year showing tractors, steam engines as well as doing steam threshing demonstrations but I've not seen them advertised for a few years now, they also make steam boilers and traction engines on site as these two were

2008-0906-Bicker0017.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Thanks for posting photograph for me Cliff Ton. Taken in 1969 @ Rempstone. Showing a Ploughing Engine converted with an internal combustion engine. Owned at the time by the Beeby family, it did work and was used in anger. Sadly my recollections about it are not to the fore at the moment. I have no idea whether it still exists/or in what form. 
Thought it might be a nice addition to this thread, for those with interest in this field.

I don’t recollect seeing any other steam engines with this modification.

• Like 1

The engine was from a WW2 tank but can't remember which type or country at the moment, I remember seeing it at Rempstone vintage rally into the mid seventies, just as an aside, the old show field has now been dug up for quarried sand and gravel materials

Rog

• 3 weeks later...

Not really a tractor but agricultural anyway, all I had to do today was re-fit the fuel tank and pipework to my Lister ST1 stationary engine, all going well until I broke the copper fuel pipe just underneath the tank so off it came again and the pipe measured up so I can go and buy some new pipe and fittings, not to worry that's a job for another day, this is the ST at the back end of summer just before it was covered up for winter

P1060830.jpg

The Lister D petrol stationery has the fuel tank, carb and magneto stored in the shed at the moment where it's dry, they can wait until spring before they get put back on  and the little Suffolk is under the bench in the greenhouse with a cover over it to keep the frost off should we get any

Rog

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Fuel tank and new brass pipe fittings put on this afternoon, poured some diesel out of my fuel can into a clear jug just to make sure there was no water in the fuel, just a bit but managed to pour the diesel off leaving the water behind for safe disposal, put a few drops of oil in the cold start dash pot and turned the run lever to start, warmed the inlet manifold up with my gas blowlamp then gave the Lister a swing on the start handle and away it went, left it running for an hour at 1200 rpm to get it nice and warm and to get the oil around the engine, well pleased with this afternoons efforts, might try the Lister D type tomorrow or one of the other little beasts

Rog

• 5 months later...

Nice Ford TW-25 with lawn turf tyres (LGP) fitted, just got to love this setup, yesterday at Ashby Magna

DSCF2274.jpg

Rog

• Like 1