Just love this 'Talking Pictures channel.............and the old romantic ways men and women spoke to each other,,,,,

Quotes,,

Oh darling i must show you off at my club...

Oh i'd love that darling,,who will be there ?

Doesn't matter darling,,just need to be with you,,

Michael Rennie and Phyllis Calvert,,     in ''The root of all evil''  1947.............

Edit        more to follow.......please feel free to add your comments...........lol

• Like 1
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not on Talking Pictures, but on one of the other old TV channels........   The other day I was watching an old episode of Last of the Summer Wine, from around 1977-78. It was always billed a

This one does!!

Watching Expresso Bongo""1959,, Some great familiar names and faces,,Laurence Harvey brilliant as a london Jew boy,,trying to promote acts,,including Cliff Richard,,Harvey does a brilliant jive,,

Same film''

Man throws Phyllis from burning building.........shouting   ''Now stay out of my life''...................next scene they back together.........he tells her he's always loved her,, and puts the kettle on.......ahh lovely.............

• Like 1

Talking Pictures is also my favourite channel, Ben.  Some great stuff on there; such as Scotland Yard, Gideon's Way and many great films.

• Like 2

If anyone's got an Amazon Firestick there's an app to download (free) called Amazing Classics . 

It has lots of old (mainly B) movies and a few old series such as Dragnet and I Love Lucy plus old documentaries .

Free to view unless you want to pay to have no advertising .

https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Classics-Classic-Movies-Shows/dp/B07MSG4GLJ

• Like 1

THE SMALLEST SHOW ON EARTH,, 

1957,, Bill Travers,,Virginia MCcenna,,Peter Sellars,,  

All about an old Cinema,, The Biju. In Loughborough.,, lol

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

For the railway enthusiast Today at 17.25 on Talking pictures, Londons Nine Elms loco sheds in the 1960's

Rog

• Like 1
10 hours ago, plantfit said:

The Night Mail, seen it loads of times but always find it interesting

The opening scene includes words from W H Auden's poem written for the film. Even without the pictures you could see the train from the words in the poem

• Like 4

I see TP have "Billy Liar" starrring Tom Courtenay showing on 28th of this month. One of my favourite films.

• Like 1

I'm now completely addicted to this Channel and the films from the 40s and 50s.................must get out more..............lol

Just lately theres been a 'hard-core' of the same actors,,, Jack Hawkins,,Dandy Nichols,,Donald Houston,,Leslie Phillips,,Diana Dors,,Barbara Murray,,Glynis Johns,,Michael Medwin,,Stanley Hollaway,,Will Hay,,Paul Carpentier,,Harry Fowler,, etc i could go on,,

If you remember these names you must be getting on a bit,,, sadly i recall em all and many more.

Most of all i love the Dialogue used,,        ''oh darling you are wonderful''..........''i say you do look lovely tonight''.......''i know darling''  and it isn't just the Moonlight''......''if i don't make it Ginger,,tell Elizabeth i love her''......''don't worry Charles,,you'll make it i'm sure''........

• Like 3
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Most of all i love the Dialogue used,,        ''oh darling you are wonderful''..........''i say you do look lovely tonight''.......''i know darling''  and it isn't just the Moonlight''......''if i don't make it Ginger,,tell Elizabeth i love her''......''don't worry Charles,,you'll make it i'm sure''........

And they all speak with an accent which is only used now by members of the royal family.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, plantfit said:

Sparrows don't sing

Sparrows don't can't sing...  post corrected......   I'm in a funny mood tonight      ;)

• Like 1

There certainly is Enigma,,can't normally get into films these days,, but these oldies really fascinate me,,i enjoy looking the actors up on wikie,,see whos still with us,,sadly not many,,

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

And they all speak with an accent which is only used now by members of the royal family.

Us lot ovver 'ere talk like that you know, old chap!

Have to impress the natives.  They love our English accents.  One of 'em answered the phone one time when   I called Mrs L at the library where she worked.  She said later,   "I bet you only married him for his accent."

• Like 3

Watching Capone"" 1975,,Ben Gazarra,,liked him,,but alas he's gone,along with most of the other males in it,,apart from a young "Stallone"" glad i turned down a part,,lol,,