Starts in 5,,i know you all can't wait,, 

He's got an electric kettle now,,

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not on Talking Pictures, but on one of the other old TV channels........   The other day I was watching an old episode of Last of the Summer Wine, from around 1977-78. It was always billed a

This one does!!

Watching Expresso Bongo""1959,, Some great familiar names and faces,,Laurence Harvey brilliant as a london Jew boy,,trying to promote acts,,including Cliff Richard,,Harvey does a brilliant jive,,

Half watching,,,High Tide,,1980 film with Ian McShane and Bulwell boy John Bird,,

Didn't realise McShane was a Northerner, born in Blackburn,, where his Scottish father was a pro footballer,,played for Manchester United too,

On 8/2/2019 at 8:27 PM, benjamin1945 said:

Starts in 5,,i know you all can't wait,, 

He's got an electric kettle now,,

He also had no electricity. Should have kept his gas ring. Didn't reckon much to Gash. Pleased he's gone. Should have stuck to buses.  :)

• Like 1

Agree with all that Malc,,

Glad you following it,,don't seem many others,, don't think they can take the excitment,,  lol

Its just something I remember from when I was 9 'til around 14 yrs old. I don't remember ever having seen it in colour so have probably never seen the later ones.  I watched Family at War as well when that was on a few months ago for exactly the same reasons.

You young thing Malc,,,i was 20s and 30s,, lol,,

Just one of them programmes that stuck with me,,he's low key,,don't smoke,,not much of a drinker,,don't chase women,,dresses simple,,not Gobby,, reminds me of myself,,very unassuming,, 

• Like 2

Bit torn tonight,,Public eye and Benidorm overlapped a bit,,

Kettle (electric) went on 3 times in Public eye,,and the highlight of Benidorm was the laughing Chinaman,,total crap,,loved it,,

I only watched the second half of Public Eye last night because it overlapped University Challenge. Frank was just putting the kettle on when I changed channels  :mellow:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Just watched ''Barnacle Bill'' 1957,,,  nice little British film,,,Alex Guiness,,Maurice Denham,,and for a Notts connection  Donold Pleasance,,,,also learned today much of the filming was on Hunstanton Pier,,,where i spent a lot of time with the Kids when living that way ish,,

• Upvote 1

He wasn't miserable in 'The Great Escape'.. just a bit pathetic.   " Please take me with yooo. I can see paahfectly..."

Worksop was ok,,worked at Savemore bridge st there early 60s,, Sybil with bottle glasses was lovely,,

Donald Pleasance was brilliant in The Barchester  Chronicles, where his daughter Angela appeared as his screen daughter. Brilliant cast all round including the late Alan Rickman and Nigel Hawthorne. I love Trollope.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Beekay said:

Is there anywhere you've not worked Ben ? Or is it that you have very itchy feet.:rolleyes:

Not many places iv'e not worked Beekay,,,but only worked for 3 or 4 companys,,,just always made myself available for any travelling anywhere,,,,from 1960 to 2018............miss it badly...........

Good on ya mate ! Maybe you ought to write a book about your exploits. I'm  sure it would be better than any Trip advisor or travelogue. B.

• Like 1

Just to show that working all over is a great conversation starter,,,this morning stood outside Kings mill hospital,,next to a lady of mature years (who was having a fag) asked her where her accent was from,,,Ashington she said in the North east'''' told her i went there to see Jackie Milburn's statue while i was doing some business up the road in Morpeth,,,,blimey she said ''don't meet many people who have even heard of it'''   

She went on to add she had been down here 50 odd years now,,,living in Mansfield and Ollerton,,,told her worked in Ollerton Marsdens or Farrands,,she couldn'r remember either,,but did recall Vernons Queen street.......asked her if we had dated back in the day?   she nearly choked on her fag,,,lol

• Like 4

What were you doing at Kings Mill, our Ben? I'll be running into you in Morrison's! I don't shoplift, though!

I'll be taking a friend to Kings Mill in a coup!e of weeks for a day case op. I'll look out for you.

• Like 1