Great bit of filming,,,,watched the'''' cold Halifax '''''one as well..............smiling faces and snappy dressers.........things looked ok in 1902..........

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not on Talking Pictures, but on one of the other old TV channels........   The other day I was watching an old episode of Last of the Summer Wine, from around 1977-78. It was always billed a

This one does!!

Watching Expresso Bongo""1959,, Some great familiar names and faces,,Laurence Harvey brilliant as a london Jew boy,,trying to promote acts,,including Cliff Richard,,Harvey does a brilliant jive,,

I've just been watching an episode of a series that falls into the category of 'So bad it's good'.

It's called 'Colonel March of Scotland Yard' made in the mid 1950s. The title character is played by Boris Karloff wearing an eye patch, and he's head of Scotland Yard's 'Department of Queer Complaints'. Imagine using a name like that today.

The acting is basic, and the script and the plot are hilariously simple. An amusing way to pass half an hour at 2pm on a week day.

There was a series called 'Scotland Yard' with Edgar Lustgarten, which was enjoyable. We've  been following the series ' Stagecoach', which is quite passable. This is about an hour long.

Watched Wednesday's  rendition of 'Colonal March', what a load of drivel. Iin one scene Boris Karloff was supposed to be consoling his niece, but he couldn't  get any closer without sitting on her knee, talk about smarmy pervert ! Thank the Lord it were only half hour long. Come back Edgar Lustgarten.

• 4 months later...

If you want a bit of relief from current events, on BBC4 last night there was a documentary about the programme Ready, Steady, Go....which I suspect quite a few Nottstalgians used to watch back in the 60s.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000gg2t/the-story-of-ready-steady-go

And that was followed by a programme showing excerpts from old episodes of RSG.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000gg2w/the-best-of-ready-steady-go

Above us the Waves is on Talking Pictures at 17.50. Can't find anything better to watch this evening!  Oh, In Which We Serve is also on but they clash.

Some decent sci fi movies on there as well Trogg. What used to be X rated b movies, some gooduns  though.

Hi Ian, the Edgar Lustgarten series were of 1 hour programmes, introduced by Edgar. They were about crime and how they were solved, with the help of Scotland yard. Bloody good series.

• 1 month later...

More power to his elbow CT.,  he deserves a medal. Been a life saver to loads of us in home arrest!

Yes, I was wondered how it is actually broadcast from a technical viewpoint. It isn't mentioned in the piece. It seems to suggest that it's easy for anyone to start their own TV Channel.

It's probably done digitally via WiFi etc. In the old days it would've been playing in tapes and/or discs.

Fascinating read about Talking Pics.  Thanks Kev.

• 1 month later...

If you missed the first one last week, Talking Pictures have started showing episodes of the old TV series 'Budgie' with Adam Faith. I watched it back in the day and was a big fan. I caught the first episode last week and it had stood the test of time better than many things from that era. Highlight of each episode was often Ian Cutherbertson as Charlie Endall.......and I used to really fancy Budgie's girlfriend Hazel (Lynn Dalby).

It's on Tuesdays at 9pm until further notice.

• Like 1

Watched it, last week's had at least four, what would be considered un-pc moments in the first fifteen minutes!

Tonight's wasn't much better, refreshing to see a programme broadcast without those silly warnings.

Best bit..Big Rock Candy Mountain, at the end..

• 5 months later...

Watching the ''Rat Race''' 1960''''Tony Curtis and Debbie Reynolds.........some lookers the pair of em...............good film....even features Tony Curtis as a musican Sax player...........sits on a bar stool by hisself having a beer........features a bit of slow dancing in one of my favourite places '''''a seedy bar ''''  with a 4 piece band''''''''''happy ending of course  Tony and Debbie go off together....they dont make films like this anymore........lips0

He was a saxophone player in Some Like It Hot. Love that film. Jack Lemmon in drag. He did his own female voice. Curtis couldn't do it and had to be dubbed. Could watch Jack Lemmon in anything, especially with Walter Matthau.

• Like 1

Jill have you seen the film "Days of Wine and Roses" Jack Lemmon was in this.