Who was your first crush on ?

My first 'crush' was on my Cousin............not in a sexual way.......i just loved to be around her.....still do,we are the same age...........and she looks 20 years younger,,when i was young and between wives/girlfriends always took her to staff do's and the like.

Trying to remember other first 'Crushes' is easy but can't remember the actual first,,,they were all in my early Teens,,,,

Anita,, in my class at school,,lived on Teviot rd, Bestwood'', always reminded me of Susan Hayward,,,in 'Gone with the wind'' saw at Mechanics with me Mam,,

Joyce,, lived on Gainsford,,Bestwood,, a year older than me,, but even came to Vernon Park to watch me fishing ,,,ooo'er

Irene,, also lived on Gainsford.......2 years older than me,,,first passionate kiss,,God i nearly fainted,,,last saw her about 94' when she worked at Coop house same time as me,,she was still lovely.,and remembered me.:rolleyes:

Valerie,, lived on Leybourne,,Bestwood,,,at 13 vied for her affections with another lad called Geoff,,she chose Geoff,, i was 'Gutted''

just realised could go on forever........so i'll shut up................

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Christopher was a boy in my class at Berridge. Quiet, reserved, intelligent and always well dressed. I've never been remotely interested in immature, rowdy, badly turned out thickos.

However, Christopher did his utmost to avoid me. One afternoon, I cornered him in the stationery cupboard...in the dark...and he started crying because he was scared...of the dark, not of me...I think.  After that, I lost interest in him.

At around the same time, I discovered Mr Spock (Star Trek) and realised he was my ideal bloke. IQ in the stratosphere, constant supply of intelligent conversation, never comes home roaring drunk, spends most of his time away due to his job...5 year missions.  The only problem is, he doesn't exist! :Shock:

• Like 6

My first crush was when I was about 9.  He was a German boy at my primary school called Billy Turak.  ....don't know what he was doing in England so soon after the war (1952). He was a bit of a comedian and always made us laugh.  The next crush was when I was 10 and he was a boy with dark curly hair in my class.  He was called Terry (philmayfield will know who I mean).  But neither he nor anyone else had any idea  I liked him so much!

My first real boyfriend was Derek when I was twelve ... we used to go to the pictures and hold hands.  Then there was Tony, Ray, another Derek, Kenny, another Tony, and all before I turned fifteen.  But it was all sweet and innocent, I might add!  

• Like 6
6 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

My first 'crush' was on my Cousin............not in a sexual way.......i just loved to be around her.....still do,we are the same age...........and she looks 20 years younger,,when i was young and between wives/girlfriends always took her to staff do's and the like.

Trying to remember other first 'Crushes' is easy but can't remember the actual first,,,they were all in my early Teens,,,,

Anita,, in my class at school,,lived on Teviot rd, Bestwood'', always reminded me of Susan Hayward,,,in 'Gone with the wind'' saw at Mechanics with me Mam,,

Joyce,, lived on Gainsford,,Bestwood,, a year older than me,, but even came to Vernon Park to watch me fishing ,,,ooo'er

Irene,, also lived on Gainsford.......2 years older than me,,,first passionate kiss,,God i nearly fainted,,,last saw her about 94' when she worked at Coop house same time as me,,she was still lovely.,and remembered me.:rolleyes:

Valerie,, lived on Leybourne,,Bestwood,,,at 13 vied for her affections with another lad called Geoff,,she chose Geoff,, i was 'Gutted''

just realised could go on forever........so i'll shut up................

Ben.. Does the surname 'Benson' light your fire?

My first was an Audrey, who came off Highbury Vale Est.  She was totally disinterested in me, but she was the right shape and I silently granted her my undying devotion in Vernon Park, just by the lake.

Poor foolish girl... She never knew...

My first proper snog was with Barbara.. We got a grip of each other up Hempshill Lane... just next to Sankey's Tip.  Romance doesn't get better than that..

• Like 2

John Fletcher, I was in the 5th form at Grammar School he was in the 6th form (it was either him or Mick Jagger).  I made the mistake of letting on to my friends. One day I went home at dinner time, they stayed for school dinners when I got back they dragged me to the bike sheds and he was there, they had told him. I was so embarrassed, what did I do, I denied everything, Mick Jagger had won! Heartbroken when he started going out with another classmate. There were others after that, one called Tony who I dated for a while,  thinking back he was such a p**t, put me off fair haired males after we finished. The one that got away was called Keith, about 6’ tall, dark hair and brown eyes, he was gorgeous. He worked at The Mint bar in the hotel on Maid Marion Way, is it called The Albany? Came from West Bridgford. It ended when he was transferred to another hotel think it was in Manchester. He really stole my heart. Nothing much serious after that really, just enjoyed ourselves drinking, dancing etc. until I met my husband to be. My friend and I went to see a flat, his friend and him had the ground floor one. I first saw him when we went to view it, he was decorating their front with Carly Simons “You’re So Vain” playing. Didn't like him much at first, (his flat mate was a Scouser, a real player or thought he was, he had a thing about my flat mate but she was never that interested and played the player). We became friends and things developed from there. 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, MargieH said:

My first crush was when I was about 9.  He was a German boy at my primary school called Billy Turak.  ....don't know what he was doing in England so soon after the war (1952). He was a bit of a comedian and always made us laugh.  The next crush was when I was 10 and he was a boy with dark curly hair in my class.  He was called Terry (philmayfield will know who I mean).  But neither he nor anyone else had any idea  I liked him so much!

My first real boyfriend was Derek when I was twelve ... we used to go to the pictures and hold hands.  Then there was Tony, Ray, another Derek, Kenny, another Tony, and all before I turned fifteen.  But it was all sweet and innocent, I might add!  

Well birthday girl, the suave gigolo you refer to was Terry O’Connor. He lived on Thakeray’s Lane close to the roundabout. I last saw him outside the Playhouse around thirty years ago. Quite a nice guy as I remember.

1 minute ago, philmayfield said:

Quite a nice guy as I remember.

Did you fancy him as well then , Phil?

11 hours ago, MargieH said:

My first real boyfriend was Derek when I was twelve ... we used to go to the pictures and hold hands.  Then there was Tony, Ray, another Derek, Kenny, another Tony, and all before I turned fifteen.  

Margie, with numbers that high you're beginning to sound like Ben.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

My first serious crush was Eleanor who live a few doors down from us in Park Road, Woodthorpe. Her father was a headmaster and her mother was also a teacher. Unfortunately they were pillars of the local church. She inveigled me into attending confirmation classes. I turned up at the house of the vicar, The Rev. John Congdon (obviously we called him Condom) and was given a load of twaddle which finished up with us reciting something about us being 'miserable offenders'. I told him no way was I a miserable offender and to stuff his confirmation class. The romance with Eleanor finished around that time but I was grateful to her for leading me away from religion!

3 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

Margie, with numbers that high you're beginning to sound like Ben.

I think you're not far from the truth there!   There were several others I went out with after I was fifteen  (but I was still quite a good girl believe it or not!)  Then I met Paul when  I was twenty, and decided I needed to look no further.... thumbsup    I suppose going out with so many lads helped me to work out what it was I was looking for (and what I wasn't!!) in a lifetime partner.  Of course,I know that some of you met your soul-mate when you were in your teens - but I just wasn't ready to settle down at that time.... we're all different, which is good, I think.  

Our 53rd Wedding Anniversary is later this month

• Like 1

Went out with one or two.  Even went steady with a gal for a few months 62/63.  Woudn't really call them crushes.  Either way they didn't work out.  Glad they didn't now.  Met the gal who became my wife when I was 18.  Never looked back.

• Like 1