• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's see if I've got this right ! Getting it all wrong.

This is only a trial mind. Hoping I've learned to post pics. Will try not to bore ya'all. B.

Miniature stools Gem. All in need of some touching up where chipped. Had em ages, butterflies too.

Pardon !!!!! How come I  can't see 'em? I just get the post image. Sorry everyone, I  wouldn't have posted had I  known that would happen. ( stopped shaving since lock down 63 days ago).

We click on the small image you posted; that opens up to a larger version on a Postimage page, with adverts on the right-hand side and along the bottom of the large photo.

I assumed they lived in your painting studio.

Hiya  Terry, nice to hear from you. In reply to your question, as long as you've used a decent primer/undercoat  on top of which you can use Acrylics. It's  water soluble and brushes washed in water. With added value that when it dries, it is water resistant. I'm  using this medium at the moment in absence of enamel (Humbrol) and not being able to go out. My sister in law very kindly bought me a couple of sets of acrylics, but I suspect she had an ulterior motive, (she wants her churn done!). I've been happy using this medium though sometimes I have to put an extra coat on. Lastly, I give the item a couple of coats of clear varnish for protection.

Does this help?

• Like 1

Can I  suggest that she start with one of the smaller boot lasts. After you've rust proofed it, a couple of coats of white paint for undercoat. Then Mrs.PP can decide on what base colour the last will be and put whatever design she wants on it. The simpler the better...,Remember ! it'll be her interpretation and not something from a masterclass. That will come later. Tell her, "Good Luck".

Edit...Lady PP can always start with something simple like a wooden spatula or spoon.

They're great starters.

Milk churn finished, apart from varnish. Will post some pix as soon as I can remember what to do.

Then it's coming back to Stapleford, Notts. (Just to keep NSs happy).

Beautiful, BK.  .... but those Asian ladies are now looking for men older than 35!

Between front and back. Take note PP, it'll be one of you scratters next.:rolleyes:

IMG-20200520-145628.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
Just now, MargieH said:

Beautiful, BK.  .... but those Asian ladies are now looking for men older than 35!

Do you mean you can't see em Margie??

17 hours ago, Beekay said:

Between front and back. Take note PP, it'll be one of you scratters next.:rolleyes:

IMG-20200520-145628.jpg

The smallest of my scratters weighs 100kg so I won't be posting it. Maybe I could dismantle it and bring it over?

Thank you one and all. Your kind words are much appreciated. It's the first time I've tried anything on this scale. It's bloody heavy though. Had no idea what I was going to do, apart from the illustrations my S.I.L wanted. Just played it by ear (and brush) as I went along. As soon as it's safe to do so, I'll be bringing it up to Stapleford.

I did send a couple of email pictures to sister in law, after asking if she wanted to see. Her husband said she just welled up with tears when she opened the mail. So glad she likes it, and glad NS approve... Beekay.

• Like 2

Stunning BK. It's wonderful what you are able to do with things that may be ready for the tip. It makes us look twice in case there's something BK can do with it.:victory:

• Like 1

Thanks Nonna, and now I'm going to start on your picture. Remember the colour picture you did of your gates and hillside in front, with gates closed. You also did a photograph. Across the road looks like a hillside with vineyard, but I'm only guessing. I will paint a picture with your gates open, so is there a road outside? I will be using artistic licence as I've no idea what's on the other side of the gates.

Does all this make sense?

36 minutes ago, Beekay said:

I will be using artistic licence as I've no idea what's on the other side of the gates.

But once the gates are open you will see what's there...   ;)

Not while I'm  sat here under house arrest and the gates are in Italy.  :wacko:

no no you just paint the gates open then you can see and.....          It's an old joke

• Like 1

Oh, I  see Brew, a bit like Harold Lloyd painting a nail on a wall, then hanging his coat on it.