10 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Beekay,. Looking back at my post regarding your paintings and avatar. It did sound rude but I can assure you that it wasn't meant in that sense . I really hope you didn't take it as an insult. Looking at peoples avatars you get a certain idea about them probably totally wrong, but I imagined you to have something to do mechanically. 

Better close this post before I get myself in too deep. Please more of your paintings.

Maybe I should change my avatar Nonna. What would you suggest ? Rather fancy something on the lines of Sacha Distel or maybe Paul Newman. What do you think ? Could always be Picasso !

• Like 1
  • Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's see if I've got this right ! Getting it all wrong.

This is only a trial mind. Hoping I've learned to post pics. Will try not to bore ya'all. B.

Miniature stools Gem. All in need of some touching up where chipped. Had em ages, butterflies too.

Just now, Beekay said:

Better close this post before I get myself in too deep. Please more of your paintings.

Nonna, always wise when in a hole - stop digging!           thumbsup

I'm sure BK knows what you mean..

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Beekay said:
12 hours ago, Beekay said:

Maybe I should change my avatar Nonna. What would you suggest ? Rather fancy something on the lines of Sacha Distel or maybe Paul Newman. What do you think ? Could always be Picasso !

No you're fine as you are. When we see your posts we see who you are.:)

Looking again at my original sketch, I think I'd better stick to what I know and do best.:blush:

31 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Looking again at my original sketch, I think I'd better stick to what I know and do best.:blush:

I'm going to try and do a water colour of your gate and view. :yahoo:

• Upvote 1

There are some lovely views around here. If you like views I can send some pics. As you see from my sketch I'm no good at all of views.

Dont belittle your sketch, there's nowt wrong with it. We have some superb views where I live near the South coast. Only about 15 mins from Brighton and Newhaven. The seven sisters cliffs are only about 20 mins away....Keep sketching, Beekay.

I have some water colours and feel quite comfortable using them. I did a sea scene with fishing boats and beach. Shame I threw them away or think I did. A wind blown old tree which I copied too turned out quite well. My mums husbands daughter ( I don't class her as my step sister) is very good , she did a sketch of the front of the house in water colours and lots comment on it. 

If you see a view or anything you like and it's not always possible to get the gear out, you can shortcut by taking a photograph and the do the drawing/water colour at home (on the table). That way you can leave off and come back later, (after a coffee !). B.

• Like 2

A couple more items to show. Coffee pot bought at boot fair. The card table top was rescued from a tip. It started showing the ravages of being outside on the wall. B.

IMG-20190322-115337.jpg

IMG-20190322-115519.jpg

IMG-20190322-115601.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Beautiful BK. I had a phase of doing stencils. When we first bought the house there was a stable and hayloft at the front which we converted ( My daughter lives there now ) and in front of that was a metal shed that was an eyesore. Whilst waiting for permission to pull it down I did a huge stencil of glicine . ( wisteria) can't  think in english so will correct it later when my brain gets back in action. The stencil itself was only small but after each bit I moved it and created a tree. I was so determined to get it finished so I stood in the sun all day. We face south and by the time I came in the backs of my legs were sunburnt an d very sore. I had so many compliments for it and from that did quite a few stencils in homes of friends.Still have the stencils wrapped up but cant find the wax colours. I did them everywhere in the house which lent a bit to the age of the house. Funnily enough when we stripped some ghastly wall paper off in one of the rooms the previous owners had done some stencilling in their own way. We did wonder whether to keep like that but decided against it.

Sorry I'm going on again.

• Upvote 1

There you go Nonna !! Art as it is spoke ! I also dabble with decopage. Have some nice bits of work in that line, great fun and loads of sticky paste and bits of paper. And no, you're not going on, I quite enjoy your comments and feedback. It's like having a load of pen friends. B.

1 hour ago, Stavertongirl said:

Looking forward to you decorating my shed, both inside and out!

Who ?? Me or Nonna?

Again, thinking about chalk, I did the following in the early 1980s in pastels. ....  very primitive compared with yours, BK but it looks OK hanging in the hall.  The colours on the photo haven't come 'true' to the actual picture but I've only used the iPad, not a proper camera.

IMG-4925.jpg

• Like 6

Our eldest son is the artist in the family... Here's his little dog...  and also that of a friend...

IMG-2057.jpg

IMG-1381.jpg

• Like 7

Seriously! Crikey now look what you've started BK they're coming out of the woodwork now! Well done Margie that's very good.

So we have painters, musicians, inventors, miniaturists and restorers... I'm feeling a bit like a failure here, not a creative bone in my body. 

Anyone else got hidden talents?

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, trogg said:

My claim to fame is that I am ambidextrous , I can successfully spend hours doing nothing with both hands.

Brilliant!!    :laughing:

4 hours ago, trogg said:

My claim to fame is that I am ambidextrous , I can successfully spend hours doing nothing with both hands.

Trogg, it takes a certain skill and dedication to be ambidextrous in BOTH hands. All credit to ya !!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Beekay said:

Your pictures are excellent MargieH. Well done !

The dog drawings were done by our eldest son, not me ....but he does have half of my genes!