Margie, I just love harbour scenes, I find them so relaxing. Here in Lymington where I am at the moment, there are two galleries adjacent to each other, and some of the harbour paintings are wonderful. Oh for more spending money !

I also love the rustic Yorkshire Dales / Cotswolds scenes as done by the late artist, Alan Ingham. I had two framed prints of his twenty odd years ago, but one vanished when I was burgled, and my ex has kept the other one. 

I managed to replace one from a little gallery in Castleton a few years ago, but some on eBay are currently demanding silly money.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's see if I've got this right ! Getting it all wrong.

This is only a trial mind. Hoping I've learned to post pics. Will try not to bore ya'all. B.

Miniature stools Gem. All in need of some touching up where chipped. Had em ages, butterflies too.

9 hours ago, Stavertongirl said:

You Bk. No disrespect to meant to Nonna. 

Point taken :rotfl:

I could do you some cross stitch?

9 hours ago, FLY2 said:

I also love the rustic Yorkshire Dales / Cotswolds scenes as done by the late artist, Alan Ingham. I had two framed prints of his twenty odd years ago, but one vanished when I was burgled, and my ex has kept the other one. 

I managed to replace one from a little gallery in Castleton a few years ago, but some on eBay are currently demanding silly money.

We have quite a few 'Inghams' collected some years ago. I saw a couple recently at Budby antiques at what I considered a reasonable price. I've seen a few in there from time to time. Might be worth a trip, they have a good teashop!

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

SG Which one are you going to choose

You can have the other one Nonna. x

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Not posted on here since March. These are going to be my next projects, courtesy of my sister in law, when we came up for the meet-up.

IMG-2203.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Here's one I've just finished. Thought somebody might like to take a look.  

IMG-20190721-121110.jpg

IMG-20190721-121128.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

The picture is my interpretation of the seven sisters, cuckemere, Sussex.

PS. Thanks for the reactions Ben, Phil and Kath, kindest regards, Barrie.

I've only just opened this thread, but I liked it, too, BK   When we were working at a hotel in Eastbourne, some years ago, Paul walked up and down the length of the Seven Sisters with a group of fit people, while I stayed to talk to the elderly ladies at the hotel.  I wasn't elderly then btw!

• Like 1

The best place to view the sisters is to climb Seaford head and walk over to where the old coastguard cottages are, ( as in painting). I would think this view has been photographed thousands of times as well as being the subject of paintings and postcards etc. Glad you like it.

Gonna tackle a bath tub next. Watch this space. Take care Margie, hope you are both well. Regards, Barrie.x

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Continuing my feeble attempts. It's gonna be the bathtub next. .Not overly looking forward to that. It's a big bugger!!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1zuydsdsa/

Dont know why these didn't open, but there you go, can't win em all. They can be seen though by clicking on. B.

• Like 1

Thank you Trogg, will do my best for you. Sincerely hope you are feeling much better nowadays. B.

2 hours ago, trogg said:

Long may you continue to be trying Beekay, I enjoy looking at the things you paint. 

I think we're a bit overdue an update Trogg. How are thing after the the 'op

• Like 1

Can email you some pix Gem. It's narrow boat art, as opposed to barge ware. Don't know if you've seen a TV programme called " 5 Celebrities go Bargeing, with 5 has beens farting about on narrow boats. Barges are what you carry coal etc in. Got a brilliant book called " Let's paint roses and castles ". Got my original inspiration from that. Beekay.

Beekay, thank you for offering to send your pictures I have sent you my email. I have some small pieces of brass one of which I have tried to paint 'disaster' but will keep trying.

Gem

Re the photo of " is it Beekay" ? now we really know its him painting objects and not some that are already done.:biggrin:

Nonna, waddya mean "is it really Beekay. "? Course it's me. That bloody bath tub is a nightmare! Lots of straight lines and I'm not so steady as I was. But that's the great thing about narrow boat art, no two pieces are the same. It's all done freehand so no rulers etc., used. Might come to the point where I can only paint jelly !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1