1 minute ago, PeverilPeril said:

Brew - you have talent. 

Not really PP. I copied/adapted someone else's work but thanks for the compliment

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's see if I've got this right ! Getting it all wrong.

This is only a trial mind. Hoping I've learned to post pics. Will try not to bore ya'all. B.

Miniature stools Gem. All in need of some touching up where chipped. Had em ages, butterflies too.

8 hours ago, Brew said:

Not really PP. I copied/adapted someone else's work but thanks for the compliment

It still  took skill Brew. I'm sure that you have another go and create an original. 

My style of art is done out doors in the form of follies, just to please myself. Just constructing or making things that are often quite useless for my own entertainment. Although I can do the drawings and calculations, I don't. Much prefer seeing structures and shapes develop and using reclaimed materials where possible. A barn I built in France is a good example where I installed a big cider press then build the barn around it. My current project, almost finished, is a chicken coop. Not many chicken coops have brass door knob and knocker. Found some horse brasses yesterday. They will be polished and put next to the coops' front window. Working on the wire net run now and that will be very individual too. Even the chickens will be unusual breeds. It is quite satisfying to put you own touch on various projects. 

• Like 1

If your watching NonnaB, do you recognise this view? Was going to do it on canvas but then I found this little planter outside. Would like your opinion...B.

img-1591803826351.jpg

• Like 1

I recognize that view, it looks very much like my front gates. :rolleyes:

They look good but didn't think you'd put then on a planter bucket. Can't see the grapes though! 

Seriously you made the planter look good. Well done , I like it. 

The grapes were too far away for me to see. When painting that small the vines would only be dots. So I opted for poetic licence, (won't say artistic as it sounds too presumptuous). Glad you like it. The other side is not quite finished, will post it when done, complete with plants. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Was only joking about the grapes. When they are mature I'll send you some pics that might be useful for you to put on your many many articles . You've renewed my interest in drawing, may try again . Years ago I used to paint on stones as my husband reminded me. I have water colour pencils so might try something. My daughter has a lovely view from her bathroom window that takes in the road and the hills as far as you can see. I may attempt that as not much doing outside the house.

Took the liberty of painting the picture from the photograph you posted via pm. I printed a copy off and worked from that. The post on here doesn't do it justice. I was really pleased when I'd done it, I wanted to walk over those fields to the houses on top of the hill. Even put your cactus on. :rolleyes: Bigsis posted a picture of hers, of a painted stone. I once did that on half dozen stones, when I worked at National Water Sports Centre, Holme Pierrpont. Sold the lot one afternoon. My boss stopped me doing that because I was getting stones from the water's edge !

Nice house BK, is this your B&B accommodation and where the churn will live, when you’re permitted to leave W. Sussex.  Hope nobody will work out which house it is?  

Thank you Lizzie. Did you see the post above with Nonna's view from her gates? That's both sides done now, so be looking for something else.

Unless of course, I nip up and give Affergorrit's beach hut a coat of Acrylic.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If you'd have asked I could have posted you a pic of the front of our house.!!!

You can still do that Nonna. It would probably be better if you did it by pm. I look forward to seeing. Would I  have your permission to recreate it, or do you have an objection. Some folks take exception. Regards, B.

Not at the moment BK it's a mess and still isn't finished. Gravel half down odd things lying around , grass cuttings everywhere and top it all too wet from continuous rain

I must be getting really stir crazy. I've  just finished painting and decorating a baked bean tin ! My next project is going to be one of the Fray Bentos flat steak and kidney pie tins. :blink: Sad or what? Still, should make a halfway decent plant pot tray.

• Like 1

Be the first to see our new range of Lockdown Art. Or, Summat to do while under house arrest.

Courtesy of one baked bean can and one Fray Bentos S+K pie.

img-1593163983187.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Of course I can Trogg. 'Er indoors has handed me a pair of clogs and asked if I would/could paint them.

You know me, willing to try owt!.......Now, what do you need to know?

• 2 years later...