Morning  Beekay never knew that you had so much talent, can I place an order?

I love painting when the master watchers footie  I go into our little office/ bedroom and paint, the other year  i took up chinese Brush Painting, If you have never tried it have a go.  Also had a go at chinese writing but jury's still out on this one,

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's see if I've got this right ! Getting it all wrong.

This is only a trial mind. Hoping I've learned to post pics. Will try not to bore ya'all. B.

Miniature stools Gem. All in need of some touching up where chipped. Had em ages, butterflies too.

@mary1947, thank you, I must admit, it's another diversion. But don't you need special brushes and paper? What sort of paint do you use, I tend to use Acrylics or Enamel, depending on what medium I'm painting on. Would love to see some of your work.  B.

Morning Beekay yes you use different Brushes to water colour ect but don't cost an arm or leg buy of Am????? don't want to advitise also paper and chinese paints,you can get from there. I have not had many lesson B and it took me 28 attemps to paint a bear still never got it right, One day I will show you my chinese paintings. I just find it relaxing and easy to do. Also tried to do Chinses Ink paintings now thats another story, If I cant get chinese paint i will use water colour or acrylics, it's more to do with the brushers. I also tend to buy the Chinese books so I can (TRY) and copie the pictues, but if I can I try and find a class at one of the colleges for winter,

• 1 month later...

BK, do you use an Air brush for any of your art, I have just bought one to play about with when painting my model buses

Rog

@plantfit, no, I've never used any sort of aerosol at all, that includes cans. As for air brushes, I'm not quite sure how to use them. Had a looksee on YouTube at tutorials etc., but it seems a bit of a faff. Don't you need to purchase a compressor as well. But then again, I wouldn't need the precise details like you do, with your minatures.

I bought a kit complete with two air brushes and compressor, RRP £100 sale price £70, so thought I would give it a go, if/when I do use it I'll let you know the outcome

Rog

Cheers Rog., I'll be interested to see how you get on with your kit. And see some results. What type of paint is used? I've got a neighbour who takes old, knackered models and renovated them. I'll ask him what he uses to repaint. I have two display cases full of models, but alas, all the bloody boxes got lost when we moved houses, (will send a couple pictures).  B.

I've used both enamel and acrylic when brush painting but probably just acrylic for airbrush painting, I've got a couple of pics of my lates bus conversions, I'll find them out and post for you

Rog

Found them for you BK, just a random EFE 1/76 Fleetliner I had ready to change to South Notts colours

DSCF1592.jpg

Bus took to bits and all internal seats and windows removed and paint stripped using wire wool then sprayed with primer paint

DSCF1599.jpg

After a coat of enamel brush paint for roof and main bus and lining

DSCF1610.jpg

And the Fleetliner, an Atlantean and a Bedford OB, all in South Notts ltd colours, just waiting on the destination blind

transfers to arrive

DSCF1620.jpg

Rog

• Like 2

Seeing those vehicles takes me straight back to 1964 . Thanks Rog.

Ps. Did you strip back the paint off the London transport bus?  B.

5 minutes ago, IAN FINN said:

That looks like a Bedford Duple plantfit i was working on Bedfords in 1964.

According to the data sheet that came with it says OB, however I don't remember the "wing" shape in the body styling towards the back of the coach as in this example

295858716-3178184342429819-7467445195976

Rog

Interesting pic there Rog. I used to drive one very similar for Makemsons, Piccadily, on an evening shift from Kersal drive top to Gedling colliery. Taking night shift workers and bringing afternoon shifts back by reverse route.

Is the diorama yours?

B.

13 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Interesting pic there Rog. I used to drive one very similar for Makemsons, Piccadily, on an evening shift from Kersal drive top to Gedling colliery. Taking night shift workers and bringing afternoon shifts back by reverse route.

Is the diorama yours?

B.

No mate, it belongs to a member of the Soth Notts bus F/B site, I'm working on a roadway and possible bus shed

Rog

A few more of my buses and coaches, Skills, Barton, Trent, among various others including trolly buses and Trams

P1100116.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Great collection Plantfit. Do I spy a MDT double decker? Can't quite make out if it is a Bristol Lodekka or an AEC Regent III.

Who's livery is the blue Bedford OB third from the left, front row. I cannot remember MGO having Bedford OB's but Butler Bros of Kirkby in Ashfield certainly did. Well remember struggling up Church Hill in Blidduth in one of those.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Beekay said:

Oz., old buddy, the Bedford OB is in the livery of South Notts.

Your servant sir.

Thats the one I used to re-brand and re-paint as South Notts, can't remember the company name now but I think it was a north Yorkshire company, 

9 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Great collection Plantfit. Do I spy a MDT double decker? Can't quite make out if it is a Bristol Lodekka or an AEC Regent III.

Who's livery is the blue Bedford OB third from the left, front row. I cannot remember MGO having Bedford OB's but Butler Bros of Kirkby in Ashfield certainly did. Well remember struggling up Church Hill in Blidduth in one of those.

I think these two are the ones you mentioned, both Leyland, the red one (North Western) is a PD2 the other one (East Midland) is a PD1 both Lowbridge

DSCF1630_(2).jpg

DSCF1631_(2).jpg

Rog

A couple of photo's of an old (1950's) Dinky double decker that was given to me, it was in a bit of a state so I did a bit of research and found the right colours scheme,tyres and transfers,looks so much better now

P1100026.jpg

P1100036_(2).jpg

Apology's to BK, the buses seem to have taken over your topic but thanks to all who have commented on the buses,

What are your latest creations on the painting front BK, please post some pictures I really enjoy looking at what other members do for a hobby

Rog

• Like 1

No apologies needed Rog., it's an open door for anyone to join in, with whatever they choose to post about their particular hobby.

I don't have any projects on at the moment, being kept busy with the Autumn colours at Sheffield Park, where I volunteer. Will post a couple pix later to day of my modest collection, when the light improves a bit.

• Like 1

Most of the collection in the window but there's a few in the shed waiting to be painted,in the second picture I moved the trams to the front, the open top tram is going to get the Nottingham paint treatment, it is currently in Leicester corporation colours

DSCF1632_(2).jpg

DSCF1634_(2).jpg 

Rog

Do the trams run on rails or are disguised conventional wheels. They look like they could be OO gauge, or perhaps 'N'.