Beekay

Beekay's paintings

I'll send you a pic or two. Ok?

Sounds good to me Cherub. Do you want my email?

• Like 1

Yes it'll be easier as I use google pics on my phone and posting pics on NS I can only post from pics taken on iPhone 

Will send you my email address by pm.straight away.

On 5/21/2020 at 6:28 AM, Willow wilson said:

Beautiful painting BK. The illustrations are excellent and I like the gold sprays and the rose motifs, very attractive. 

Cheers WW., your comments greatly encouraging. Thank you. thumbsup

Your work is lovely BK, you're very talented...i have a shoe last that i had planned on painting in the same style.....never got round to it....but i quite enjoy painting rocks....

IMG-20180518-WA0018.jpg

Thank you for your words Bigsis,  they're much appreciated. I too used to paint stones, way back in the late 70s.

Your picture looks a bit like a Dutch painting, with trees and what looks like tulips, (tried to enlarge it to have a better look). We'll have to stay in touch so we can swap ideas. I'm  already trying to get Mrs.PP to pick up her paints. Just finished my milk churn so I'm looking for something else.( I've done two shoe lasts for a cousin at Rise Park. Asked him to email me some pictures as I actually forgot to photo them before I delivered them).

Keep in touch. Take care, Beekay.

• Like 2

This is one for Pevril Peril. Just found the picture. These were done a few years ago. They now live in Rise Park, a few doors down from where Chulla lived.

img-1590945398771.jpg

• Like 7

Thank you to all reacted to the above picture. Said it before but it is very much appreciated and inspires me to continue with the brushes.And just for those who want to know...They are in Rise Park, and that's in Nottingham.

5 hours ago, Beekay said:

Thank you to all reacted to the above picture. Said it before but it is very much appreciated and inspires me to continue with the brushes.And just for those who want to know...They are in Rise Park, and that's in Nottingham.

Beekay,  you are a very talented young man, personally am worse than a child and can't even paint inside the lines. Is painting something you have done all your life or a talent you discovered as you got older.

Gem 

Gem painting inside the lines is not necessary. Jackson Pollack never managed it and his works sells for millions!

Thank you Gem,  I've drawn and painted for as long as I can remember. Always seemed to do well at school then it sort of dropped off for a while. As a teenager, there was always something more interesting, like motorbikes, camping etc. My interest was re-ignited about 1970 (ish) when I joined Arnold art society.  I tended to stick to water colours at that time, I knew bugger all about oils. It was in the 80s after our first canal boat holiday that I developed an interest in canal art. Tina, my wife bought me a lovely book called " Let's  paint Rose's and Castles" and that showed me the technique of that style of painting. Over the years I  have develop my own style but following a general method. My very first sample, I still have and though I have suggested painting over it and starting again, my wife insisted a definite No ! As she says, it is a way of seeing how I  have progressed over the years. Hope I've not bored you. Cheers and stay safe. Beekay.