Eagle village, Lincs.

Ok, not Notts but here's why I'm posting: Back in 1980-2 I worked for Miller Bros on Parliament Street. The manager was called Pat something-or-other. in about 1984 he became landlord of a pub in Eagle, Lincs. I would like to know if the pub is still open and what his surname was...anyone know Eagle at all or have a contact number of a local history group, please?

Thanks for the replies. I expect the chap has retired by now but you never know. I wish I could remember his surname though.  Pat .......... ARGH!

I worked for the company who are quarrying it, when the company first bought it they said by just digging up the runways and recycling the concrete that would pay for the airfield so every penny they make on sand and gravel will be profit,very shrewd businessman he was

Rog

My mother and father were in the raf based at swinderby (just before my time) and lived in a cottage in collingham, i was hatched at Newark hospital and apparently moved to st Ann's when I were about 4months old. My dad knew a guy who had a farm in Eagle, his name was Cyril ........ I did know his surname, but buggered if I can remember it. The one thing I remembered about Cyril was, although a smoker, never used an ashtray, he would always flick his ash into his trouser turn up!!.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think the surname of the landlord I am looking for might have been "Best", Pat Best.