This was my first school & I remember my first day, I was introduced to Mrs (or Miss) Smith & she was nice & I liked her, I then met Mr Naylor, I didn't like him as he was shouting at some poor older kid who'd done sumat wrong & displeased him. I wasn't very impressed as I had to go back again the next day. I was only there a few months when I transferred to Aldercar infants school in Langley Mill, thing I remember about there is it had an open coal fire in the classroom & us kids had to fetch coal in for it, my teacher was Dads cousin & I was told not to call her Auntie Kath, lol..

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The name Naylor rings a bell from my sentence at Fairham Clifton, he was a religious education teacher so onto a loser with me right away, I didn't like him much either,wonder if he's the same bloke Colly0410

Rog

• Like 1

Thats him CT, grumpy old bugger,Just brings it all home to you photo's like that, I am a lot older now (by about thirty years) than he was in that picture

Rog

I left in 1968,now I'm 66,I guess he would have been around 35-40 in that picture

Rog

I started Gotham infants in Sept 1958 & Mr Naylor looked old to me then, he was a grey haired bloke, defo older than his 20's, so the Clifton Naylor would be too young I reckon, could be related I suppose..

• Like 1