Scott Walker RiP.

Scott Walker, once of the Walker Brothers, and latterly a solo singer, has sadly died aged 76. So sad, and such a wonderful voice.

Just listen to him on No Regrets...... Absolutely stunning ! 

That's amazing CT, because every album, CD, DVD I've ever owned, has at least one fill in track. I'll get utubing and see.

I saw the Walker Brothers at a live show in London just before they broke up. They were brilliant and his voice was amazing. Looked good as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

January 9th 1943.

• Upvote 1

Probably a typo and wasn't proof read properly.

Whilst I always thought No Regrets was a great song, I wasn't really a Walker Brothers fan.

Back in the '70s, I was auditioning some pricey speakers in a hifi shop and one of the demo albums was Nite Flights. I went straight out and bought a copy, it was brilliant. I see some tracks are on youtube, check out 'The Electrician', it's certainly not like his early stuff.

RIP Scott 

So sad to hear about Scott Walker, even though I’ve not seen or heard anything about him for many years.  What a heart-throb he was and such a wonderful voice.  

I saw The Walker Brothers at the Sherwood Rooms, probably around 1965 when they were relatively unknown.  My friends and I had gone out expecting to see somebody else (have a feeling it was Righteous Brothers) and at late notice whoever it was supposed to be couldn’t be there.  We were very disappointed until these 3 gorgeous Americans with long legs and great voices came on stage.  I remember clambering around the stage door to get their autographs but unfortunately I was unlucky!  One of my friends still has the autographs though.  RIP Scott Walker, you were one of my teen idols :wub:

• Like 2

Never saw them myself, but I loved the ballads they sang. Superb songs and great harmonies.

One needn't be constantly in the limelight to be one of the all time greats !  

• 2 weeks later...

Cliff, on your recommendation, I've just purchased the 5 Classic Albums set from EBay for £10.99. It contains Scott 1-4 and one other.

I've not heard of many of the tracks, but because of the Tim Hardin songs, that alone is worth the cost. 

Thanks.