Jazz Club on Heathcoat Street

I have a friend who lives in a flat on Hockleys Yard,  Heathcoat Street. She remembers the flat being part of a jazz club in the seventies/eighties. It still has the original wood floor covered with stiletto marks. Can anyone remember the name please? I have searched the internet and can't find anything. Thanks very much.

I can't remember the exact name of the place, but it's probably the same place where I attended the Sunday night folk sessions in the mid 60's. 

Someone will come up with something soon Jen.

• Like 1

Seeing my brother tomorrow who is fairly well known in the Nottm jazz scene , will ask him .

• Like 1

David, your brother maybe knows my nephew Matt Palmer who plays reeds with The Eagle Jazz Band. I'll try to remember to ask him tomorrow if he recalls the club on Heathcote St, if not my brother may have an idea as Matt didn't start playing that early.

• Like 2

Having posed the question to the fount of all knowledge on the Nottingham jazz scene, my brother, he also cannot recall any jazz venue in that area so the consensus is that there was no such club or if there were then it must have been very exclusive!

David, my brother and nephew wonder if they would know your brother , as it is a pretty tight community and most folk are known to each other.

I've repeated a post from a few years ago Commo.

The Trevor Jones Jazz Band at the Manchester University Ball in 1960 . Rare because it shows Viv Prince who went on to be drummer with the Pretty Things and Bob Wilson , trombonist , my bro .

https://nottstalgia.com/forums/topic/275-what-artists-have-you-seen-in-nottingham/?page=4

DOH can't get a proper link on my phone .....photograph is on page 4 of the link .

• Like 1
On 3/29/2019 at 10:27 AM, jenniek said:

I have a friend who lives in a flat on Hockleys Yard,  Heathcoat Street. 

It's not easy to find exactly where Hockley's Yard is.  It's the entrance gateway between these two buildings, near the Parliament Street end of Heathcoat Street, so the jazz club was in one of the two buildings either side.

3S7pGJa.jpg

• Like 2