Musing on racism

I'll give you 2 words BK

Pasta al dente and bruschetta con aglio . 

Is that ok for you or do you want them for supper.:hungr:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly racism but discrimination which can be equally offensive to the person its directed to. A true story about my husband who is Sicilian. His family had a good business in the small village w

Well I'm a mongrel! A bit Cornish, Irish, Jewish and a sprinkling of other bits. So I like all races and hybrids like myself. Most English people are mongrels and better and stronger for it  No 'us an

Why is it people spend so much time and energy on the things that are different instead of what joins us together. None of us are pure bred , whatever that is. We are all a mixture  but most important

48 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

I'll give you 2 words BK

Pasta al dente and bruschetta con aglio . 

Is that ok for you or do you want them for supper.:hungr:

Si Senora, multi buono ! Gratzi

Is it "Papa John's" that is advertising a special offer of 2 x pizzas for £19.99 on TV just now? Well, I can make one for a few pence

thumbsup

• Like 2
15 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Ooooo Nonna, I thought you’d written ‘Rasta’ there ........  

Don't think I'd like Rasta al dente Lizzie:hungr:

• Like 1

Compi don't know about pappa Johns's pizzas . We don't have them here. Home made cost nothing and you know what goes into them.

• Like 1

I might try "Rasta" on my next pizza, Nonna. Dreadlock and tomato would go nicely with mozarella.

thumbsup

• Upvote 1
On 3/31/2019 at 8:14 AM, nonnaB said:

La Capanna

I forgotten about La Capanna a gang of us used to go there regularly, food was excellent, we used to wind up the gaffa he never ever smiled right misery guts!

It will be now getting a visit very soon.

• Upvote 2

We used to go to La Bucca regularly. We once hired the whole restaurant for a Sherwood Flying Club evening where a gourmet menu was served. We all thoroughly enjoyed it apart from our secretary who complained about rabbit being served. Apparently his family virtually lived on rabbit during the war and he vowed he would never touch it again!

• Like 1

Was it Luigi? He always had a sort of smile on his face. If it was Giorgio he maybe didn't understand the English sense of humour. He was the quieter one. Luigi always preferred to be centre of everything.

We go in La Capanna regularly, it’s a cosy restaurant with good old-fashioned Italian fare.  The remaining owner, Luigi, doesn’t smile too much and he doesn’t put up with any nonsense.  We were in there a few weeks ago and he had a war of words with a lairy diner, it’s good to have entertainment while enjoying your dinner! 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Was it Luigi? He always had a sort of smile on his face. If it was Giorgio he maybe didn't understand the English sense of humour. He was the quieter one. Luigi always preferred to be centre of everything.

Going back to the 70's now, too far back to remember.

:sleeping:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Cliff Ton said:

Brilliant demonstration of thread drift.

It started as musing on racism and before long had reached a discussion on pasta.

Coming up to lunch time CT blame me

2 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Lizzie he'd probably had a few, as he does. 

I think that is very probable Nonna, but didn’t want to cast aspersions (in case he reads this!) 

• Like 1

Lizzie,  Don't think he'd object, if he does tell him I posted it. 

• Like 1

No nonna , never bored with your posts. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, radfordred said:

Reading Trip Adviser its common knowledge, I like him more now, deffo going now just to wind him up! 

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186356-d866443-Reviews-La_Capanna-Nottingham_Nottinghamshire_England.html

I wouldn't advise it RR . Ask to see Tony , who is his partner to complain the other partner sadly died a while ago.