Musing on racism

Don't believe all you see on there, Ben.  There are those who hate the USA and all it stands for.  Not least the liberal media. Back in 73 I was working in Canada with a guy from Belfast.  I happened to say he must be glad to be out of there because of all the fighting and hatred.  He said he rarely saw any.  The tv crews just rush to wherever there is trouble and then blow it up like every street in the country is like that.

There are some 'no go areas' in most cities but most is ok.

Edited to add.  Remember they are not going to show guys like our local Sheriff who is extremely pleasant and polite the odd times I've met him.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not exactly racism but discrimination which can be equally offensive to the person its directed to. A true story about my husband who is Sicilian. His family had a good business in the small village w

Well I'm a mongrel! A bit Cornish, Irish, Jewish and a sprinkling of other bits. So I like all races and hybrids like myself. Most English people are mongrels and better and stronger for it  No 'us an

Why is it people spend so much time and energy on the things that are different instead of what joins us together. None of us are pure bred , whatever that is. We are all a mixture  but most important

The first time I went through Northern Ireland, I couldn't get over how beautiful it was. Previous to that, my only idea of N.I was terraced streets, soldiers having stones thrown at them by mainly children, and bombs going off, never a view of the lovely cities; rolling hills, etc. The media show you what THEY want you to see. Good news is not good news to them.

• Like 1

If you not seen it Loppy,,out of interest have a look at a few of the..........USA Constitution lovers,,,,,let us know what you think.....

• Like 1

I had a look on some of those clips Ben, If I'd been one of those p.o. employees, I  would have give that cameraman a smack in the mouth with his constitution.