• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I go in a beautiful Church in Spain where i holiday,,its in the middle of the town and admission is free,,      Then i see visitors going in,,with no respect for the place,, Ie,,wearing shorts an

Did his face ring a bell?

Equally entitled to make his mark as a social comment but not to deface the work of another. That's the difference between art and vandalism. The yob/yobess who defaced the picture is not entitled to

Suppose they could sell off some of the land they own, also, why don't they open up the churches in the evening and let the homeless sleep there, it would be safer than the streets,that would be a christian act wouldn't it?

Rog

They can charge what they like as far as I'm concerned, I simply have no desire to go in..

• Like 1

£17 for an OAP in Westminster Abbey last week, but we got a complimentary audio tour.  Need to do the tour half a dozen more times to take it all in though.

1 minute ago, plantfit said:

Suppose they could sell off some of the land they own, also, why don't they open up the churches in the evening and let the homeless sleep there, it would be safer than the streets,that would be a christian act wouldn't it?

Rog

Christianity and the Church of England are poles apart!

1 minute ago, philmayfield said:

I don't have a second home!smile2

You have, the kids just haven't got around to telling you yet....    

• Like 1

And, they could open the mosques,synagogues,temples and all other religious buildings in the evenings for the homeless/rough sleepers,somewhere safe,better than being on the streets

Rog

I don't know what the rules are in the UK, but this side of the pond the Church would get fined, Hell, a preacher was arrested for feeding the homeless in Florida a few months back. Churches don't have the facilities for a homeless shelter as as such are not "zoned" as such.

• Like 1

Are you saying in America the church would sooner starve the homeless than give them shelter?, jeez, our homeless don't know how lucky they are

Rog

14 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Rog

Some churches do Rog, Saint Johns in Ilkeston opened their church hall as a winter shelter. Even with volunteers and donations of food it was still costing them for paid staff and heating.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, plantfit said:

And, they could open the mosques,synagogues,temples and all other religious buildings in the evenings for the homeless/rough sleepers,somewhere safe,better than being on the streets

Rog

The vast majority of homeless and rough sleepers DON’T want a bed for the night. Fact. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Brew said:

They can charge what they like as far as I'm concerned, I simply have no desire to go in..

Historically and architecturally it’s quite interesting. I can just see the twin towers of Southwell Minster if I stand on a chair in our bedroom. I think in 57 years in the area I’ve been in twice - and one of those was to hear Yehudi Menuhin!

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

All the Christians I know round here have posh houses, (some have two) two cars, foreign holidays. I am I missing something or is the Lord providing?

I just replied to this and it went missing in the ten or so posts that followed on.

I'm not disagreeing with what a lot of you have said.  Let folks sleep in the buildings if you want.  Thats not the primary issue.

Beacuse someone says 'I'm a  Christian,' does not make them one.

Some televangelists here live in million dollar houses and fly private jets.  They also preach heresy.  I usually don't address religious issues on here for the same reasons I don't discuss politics.  I do think though, that I have a right to differentiate berween spiritual sincerity and hypocrisy.

A true Christian would not call you whatever your neighbor called you, Phil.  If I were there I'd offer to buy you lunch.  Religious discussion should be built on time and true friendship.

Costs of entering a building to just look around it are another topic.

Apologies if I have repeated myself.  I can't remember quite how I phrased the last post that got lost.

• Like 2

You can buy lunch anytime you like Loppylugs, I won't be offended. Just as long as I don't have to fetch it. Bless you !

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Gerrus a bag of chips and a fish Phil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,please

Rog

Want some peas Rog ? Or curry sauce. B.