• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I go in a beautiful Church in Spain where i holiday,,its in the middle of the town and admission is free,,      Then i see visitors going in,,with no respect for the place,, Ie,,wearing shorts an

Did his face ring a bell?

Equally entitled to make his mark as a social comment but not to deface the work of another. That's the difference between art and vandalism. The yob/yobess who defaced the picture is not entitled to

7 minutes ago, denshaw said:

If you go to Kykkos Monastery in Cyprus there is a man that stands outside selling second hand clothes to those not suitably dressed.

In a way that was the root problem with the Temple in Jerusalem mentioned earlier.

You had to buy a sacrifice.  The Temple had their own money so you had to change your regular money to temple money to buy the required sacrifice.  The Jews were making a tidy little profit on this and that's what Jesus got mad about.

It really had nothing to do with Christians or the church as we know it.

Any teacher that thinks it did and teaches it that way is guilty of error.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Last time I went into Notre Dame there was a man with a big lump on his back selling tickets on the door.

That rings a bell. !!!

1 minute ago, philmayfield said:

Stolen my next line! Cant think of any more. :biggrin:

There's a ring of truth in that Phil. B.

• Like 2

That's the way to do it. The old type of banter....corny but funny as it used to be.

• Like 4

Bless you Nonna, by the way why have you started hiding your beer bottles behind the plants in the garden,(as mentioned in another post) is there something you want to confess to?

Rog

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

CERTAINLY NOT. I'm hoping the slugs will leave the Hosta alone and drink and drown in the beer. I didn't spend a fortune on them to be eaten by the slugs. 

Anyway I'm not allowed to drink alcoholsmile2

• Like 2

Slight side topic re. the Temple.  Did you know that there is a very strong move towards rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem.  Apparently the priests are being trained and much is already in place.  when that happens, watch out!  The dome of the rock is in the way.  Mess with that, and a bunch of very angry Muslims will be looking for a fight.  Interesting  days!

Wonder if you'll have to pay to go in?:rolleyes: