16 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

Art is surely just a personal opinion and judgement. Nobody is right or wrong. I like Banksy's material and think he's clever and original, but I don't understand why people will pay millions for Van Gogh or Cezanne or Matisse or Picasso. I don't rate them at all.

The difference is Van Gogh, Cezanne, Matisse and Picasso will never know the appreciation of their work. Banksy hopefully does whether it's art or graffiti.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I go in a beautiful Church in Spain where i holiday,,its in the middle of the town and admission is free,,      Then i see visitors going in,,with no respect for the place,, Ie,,wearing shorts an

Did his face ring a bell?

Equally entitled to make his mark as a social comment but not to deface the work of another. That's the difference between art and vandalism. The yob/yobess who defaced the picture is not entitled to

Wonder when the bike seat will turn up on eBay? It was still attached to the bike 1st thing Thursday morning & it was gone by 11am 

In Banksy Instagram endorsement the postbox was included, this was the postbox reported overflowing with covid testing kits? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-54434384 Bike lock, lockdown? Raleigh bike Nottingham? 

EkhYw4LXUAAalX3?format=jpg&name=large

2 hours ago, nonnaB said:

RR link doesn't work.

Youve eliminated the twitter link and now it works.

2 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

I wonder exactly what you get for your money.

I think you'll get exactlywhat it says, a print on canvas. My-picture .co.uk will produce a canvas print from a photograph from £6.50...  (100x75 for £52)

• 1 month later...

I think the owner of the building is just protecting his assets, the wall will most problerly be removed & sold along with the bike, the Banksy artwork on the garage in Port Talbot sold for six figure sum :Shock: there was a new bike there this morning.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/29/banksy-mural-gets-new-home-sold-art-collector-100000-9727501/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jan/18/banksy-artwork-garage-wales-sold-six-figure-sum#:~:text=A Banksy artwork that appeared,least for the time being.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Are we looking at the New St Ann's?

I actually prefer that to  Banksy. To say it's all done with a rattle can there's some serious skill and talent gone into it.

I agree that kind of 'graffiti' requires skill and ability and I don't have any problem with it - although I'd still prefer Banksy to the subway stuff.

The so-called graffiti I can't stand is the 'tagging' which ruins any blank wall or space anywhere in the city. It's impossible to find a wall or fence which hasn't been ruined by someone thinking they need to put their signature on it.

That’s nice.  I didn’t even know there was a subway there, I’ve always been too busy looking at the traffic to take notice of what’s on the pavement or under the road. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...