• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I go in a beautiful Church in Spain where i holiday,,its in the middle of the town and admission is free,,      Then i see visitors going in,,with no respect for the place,, Ie,,wearing shorts an

Did his face ring a bell?

Equally entitled to make his mark as a social comment but not to deface the work of another. That's the difference between art and vandalism. The yob/yobess who defaced the picture is not entitled to

We had a chinese chippy a couple of doors away from the garage I worked at, always made me think when the girls behind the counter asked me if I wanted Sick chip, (six pennorth of chips)

Rog

I've gotta gerroff 'ere.

The garden and doggy dooty calls.

Just wanted to say.  There are really at least three or four topics included in this thred

1     Why do churches charge entry fees

2     What is a true Christian

3       What is a hypocrite

4        What do we do for homeless people

5         Warrabout fish and chips in Southwell.

I appreciate the friendly discussion even where I may not agree with it

See y'all later.    Dave

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Just loving this thread  thumbsup

Rog

So do I Rog. Now LL has gone off as he can't keep up ! Having said that neither can I. Where did I put my aerosol cans, (and how far is Southwell bridge ?).

• Like 2

I go in a beautiful Church in Spain where i holiday,,its in the middle of the town and admission is free,,

Then i see visitors going in,,with no respect for the place,, Ie,,wearing shorts and often not even a top,,then i see the same types putting comments on trip advisor complaining,  its nowt special, just a Church!!  Reckon they should pay,,and dress respectively,, 

Feel better now,, lol 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2
24 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Graffiti? Is that an anagram of giraffe? None of those in Southwell.

No, not even close. i think that second home we spoke of is getting closer by the day.... 

It's not the Churches Roger, it's them petty up their asses minor politicians in City Council, Churches have opened their doors only to have the police come by and cite them with an ordinance infraction, and make them turf the homeless out.

Churches do not meet building codes when they operate outside the original planning permission.

• Like 2

There there Phil it still is a pub and you can stay there as long as you like just like you used to..... Really,  just go in and ask the nice lady where your room is..

• Like 1

Ben, at Notre Dame in Paris, there's no entry If you're wearing shorts, singlets or boob tube things. My ex was barred because she only had a tiny halter neck vest on. We had to nip down the street, and buy a little cardigan.

• Like 1

Monsieur Macron possibly ?

39 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Ben, at Notre Dame in Paris, there's no entry If you're wearing shorts, singlets or boob tube things. My ex was barred because she only had a tiny halter neck vest on. We had to nip down the street, and buy a little cardigan.

If you go to Kykkos Monastery in Cyprus there is a man that stands outside selling second hand clothes to those not suitably dressed.

• Upvote 1